Fingers crossed

Sienna

"So," I begin, studying Dom and Cole, "How we feeling about this?"

Dom opens the trunk of the car and begins grabbing bags, completely ignoring my outstretched hands.

"She doesn't seem bad," Cole responds, grabbing bags also. "And I'm not worried about Dean being down there with Theo."

"What if they have Soldiers?" I challenge, my hands still waiting to hold something. Both of them obviously have no intention of giving me anything, and they begin walking towards the house.

Dom shrugs and passes me an easy smile. "We'll handle it. We've handled everything this far and I'm sure if they really wanted to harm us, they wouldn't tell us to grab our bags."

"Fingers crossed," I sigh, finally giving up on trying to help them with the bags. "You guys suck by the way."

"Oh?" Dom smiles.

I roll my eyes and open the door, holding it open and letting them through. We stand in living room awkwardly, waiting for Joya to come back.

"You think we would be able to hear them scream?" Cole whispers, smirking at me.

My whole body comes alive with worry and the only thing stopping me from rushing to my men is Dom's firm hand on my shoulder.

"They're fine, Princess," Dom assures, before throwing a look at Cole. "And leave her alone."

Cole passes me a fake apologetic smile, and doesn't say anything.

"Butthole," I murmur. I'm glad I said it low too. Joya is walking up to us and I don't want her to think I'm immature or anything. I'm actually very mature.

"Now, if you all would follow me," Joya instructs, gesturing for us to walk with her.

Since I don't have any bags, I go to her side. "What are Dean and Theo doing?" I question casually.

"Well, Theodore is drooling over all the technology my husband has while Dean is giving my husband a headache with his 'I must touch' mentality," she says, laughing at the end.

I smile to myself at how adorable those two are and my smile gets bigger when I realize they are all truly back with me. Tonight, we'll all be sleeping in the same bed together. Well, hopefully.

We go up a set of stairs and into a small room. An embarrassed look overcomes Joya's face and I give her my biggest, brightest smile.

"Thanks for your hospitality," I try to reassure her.

A look of relief replaces her embarrassed one and she nods. "Of course. I'm sorry it's not bigger. My two children have the other rooms."

At hearing this, I light up. "You have kids?"

She nods and her faces matches mine. "They're with their grandparents right now, since we weren't sure how things would turn out. I'll tell you about them sometime when you tell me your story."

"Okay," I agree, not seeing any reason to not explain what was going on. I mean, she already got the gist of it.

She seem pleased and speaks, "Well, I'll leave you all to your devices. Are you all hungry?"

I am starving, but I don't want to ask for too much.

"Yes we are, but I was planning on taking us out to eat. It's been awhile since we've been together," Dom responds.

The thought warms my heart and I stare at Dom in awe.

Joya giggles, "No need to explain to me. I'll let Dean and Theo know. Gene will keep them down there all night if someone doesn't save them." With that, she leaves and closes the door behind her.