Defend your Space

Sienna

"From now on," I start as soon as I wake up. "Can you warn me when you want to kill me?" 

General Ryan laughs. "Well, I wasn't sure if you'd allow Asma to come into control again, but yes, I can do that."

"What did you need her for anyways?" I ask, already not expecting an answer. 

It's obvious that whatever she needed Asma for is not for my own good. I have no doubt that General Ryan is the enemy and that not only I, but Asma too, will end up being victims. However, she may have perks, perks that I can use when it's time for me to bust out of this place. 

"Do you remember how you asked about your father?" She inquires, effectively grabbing my interest. 

"Yes," I answer hesitantly, afraid of where she's going with this. "You said you don't know where he is."

"Yes well, he reached out to me and we had dinner," she throws out. "Just us casually discussing what we planned to do with our Soldiers. He heard I had you in my hands and asked if he could have you, I had to decline after I heard what he was planning to do with you, though."

My stomach twists at hearing that. "What was he planning?"

"He wants to use you to kill Soldiers everywhere," she says dauntingly. 

"And how exactly can he do that?" I question, not entirely wanting to know. 

"You have a code embedded in you. A code that only the Keys had. Once a Creator figures out that code and puts it into one of the original computers, then every Soldier can either be deactivated, or drop like a fly," she explains. "It would only effect the Soldiers under Master Varrien, but that code can be configured to effect every Soldier."

"Oh, wonderful. So I'm immortal, I have a code floating around in my brain, a Soldier is trying to take over my life, and I have two parents that could care less about me," I sum up my mess of a life. 

"No, dear. I care about you," she tries to correct making me roll my eyes to myself. 

"Right sorry," I lie. "It's hard to trust people nowadays." That's the truth. I'm all alone in this world and the four men that I trusted so deeply are so far away from me now. Speaking of which, "Have you heard anything about my men?"

Immediately, she shuts me down, "Nope, nothing at all."

General Ryan is actually terrible at lying and I wonder if that's why I can't lie on the spot. Looks like I'm going to need to do some digging myself. 

"I can have some of my Soldiers look into that though. But for now, how about we start doing some of our exercises," she suggests. 

I look at her questioningly and she just smiles in response before walking out of the room that I seem to always wake up in. I follow her and eye every Soldier that we pass. It's weird to think that they could all be my siblings, or none of them could be my siblings. I'm glad I've never fallen in love with a Soldier before. 

I shiver just thinking about it. 

Olivia stands in front of a room that has a sweet smell radiating from it. The room is dark though, and I can see two circles made of candles in the middle of the room. 

"Soldier Olivia will help you in regards to protecting yourself against Asma. That's all you need to worry about and we will be protecting you from Leader Hill," General Ryan says reassuringly. 

I wish I could leave my life in these people's hands, but I can barely sleep around these people. In fact, I don't think I've actually slept around these people yet. They kill me before I can even blink.