A Victim

Sienna

I hear the door shut signalling that Cole has left. My heart races at the thought of them facing who knows how many Soldiers out there, but I've got my own Soldier to face.

"Let's go, Asma," I mumble, staring at my nightmare. It's crazy to think we're existing on our own, separately, but I can't marvel at it right now. Asma and I are in a semi-fair fight now. I'm still tired from the trauma of the past few days giving her a small advantage, but I'm still in this.

Asma stands up with a crazed smile and starts stalking towards me. "I'm going to enjoy this for as long as possible."

I roll my eyes which causes her to advance. We dance easily, me constantly aiming to knock her out while she's trying to kill me. I aim for her neck, but she grabs my wrists and turns me around, pulling it behind me. Gathering my balance, I flip her over, but misjudge myself and end up falling with her. However, I'm on top, and I unleash my punches.

She pulls me down and butts my head, making me fall off and I end up on the floor.

"Wait!" I shout, an idea coming to me.

She pauses, narrows her eyes and hisses, "What?"

"My men are out there probably killing Soldiers," I start. The look of boredom on her face makes me quickly continue. "We don't know which ones they're killing. What if they hurt Kamar?"

Immediately, realization dawns on Asma and she heads for the door.

"Asma!" I call after her. She stops with a look of annoyance that changes when I throw her Felie. "My men better stay alive or you won't get your fight," I add.

A dramatic sound escapes her and she continues her journey outside. I look around for another weapon to grab when a hand comes down on my shoulder.

"Sienna, you may not have to fight," Joya begins. At my confused face, she continues, "The whole point of your men coming here was to use the Key to deactivate Asma and remove it from you. Let's use it, though. It'd deactivate the Soldiers outside and be removed from you."

"I thought it'd only affect the Soldiers that were under Master Varrien," I respond, not thinking it would be that easy.

Gene steps up and frowns thoughtfully , "With a few tweaking, I can try to make it so every Soldier is deactivated."

That sounds like music to my ears and instantly, my mood brightens. Maybe we will come out of of this okay. Wait. "Every Soldier?" I mutter mostly to myself. "What will that do to Asma? She's all Soldier."

A surprised look crosses Gene's face before he shakes his head and waves me off. "Asma is a murderer. Honestly, the only reason we made the body was so you would need to stop fighting her. Who cares if she dies?"

"I care," I assert, sounding as confident as I can. "She's as much of a victim as I am."

"Now is definitely not the time for you to play hero to all, Sienna," Gene sighs. He starts leading me to the large computer, but I break away and back away from him.

"She deserves to live just as much as I do," I insist. "I'd rather go out there and fight than kill her."

Joya walks towards me and moves my face so I'm looking at her. "After all the pain she put you through, you still believe she's good?"

I shrug my shoulders, not entirely sure if she's the good guy or not. But she's definitely a victim. "If Asma decides to attack me after hearing that I let her live, then that's my consequence to deal with it. A long time ago, I said I'd never kill another person again. I've broken that promise a few times, but I don't intend on breaking it right now. If she tries to kill me, then I will. But I won't be able to live with myself knowing I killed someone who never had a chance."