My life, my mind, my heart

Dean

"Dom," I call out, knocking on his door. It's crazy how just a few weeks ago, I'd walk right into his room without a second thought and be excited to walk in on him getting dressed. Now though, it'd be awkward. Lately everything's been awkward and the only way I can cope with it, is to be angry. But all that's resulted in is hurting everyone around me. Guilt eats at me, but pain is downright starving. It fills every being of my mind and all I want is for it to stop. I've never felt so lost before.

"Yeah, Dean?" Dom asks when he opens the door. Bags are under his eyes and his hair is disheveled. He looks like how I feel and obviously needs comfort and protection.

So I give it to him.

Dom shudders in my arms when I wrap my arms around him and squeeze. I can feel him falling apart in my arms and I try my hardest to keep it together.

"I miss them so much, Dean." He begins. "I miss you. I miss her. I'm so tired of sleeping alone and reliving their betrayal and her walking away. I want to redo that whole week and cherish you all harder. I should've loved them harder. I should've told her more. Why didn't she trust us? I trusted her with my life, my mind, my heart. Why-"

"I don't know, Dom," I tell him from the bottom of my heart. "I don't know why things went wrong, I don't know how we could've changed it, hell I don't even know how to fix it. We just have to keep pushing on."

"I can't keep pushing. Not when I don't have you guys." He looks up and I've never seen his eyes look so lost. The composed leader I've known for most of my life is gone, replaced by a heartbroken man who can't find his way.

"You still have me," I try with a slight smile. Dom didn't hurt me, I mean sure breaking up was painful, but it was necessary. And we're in no place to have a healthy relationship. That doesn't mean he lost me.

"I love you, Dean," he sniffs.

"And I love you. And I love them. And I love Sienna. We're gonna be okay. We're just going through a rough patch," I comfort while rubbing his back.

I pull his face to mine and hug his lips with my own. I move them slowly, trying to convey that I'm here for him.

He pulls back and pulls me to his chest, tighter now. His head is burrowed in my shoulder and he mumbles against me.

"What?" I question.

He pulls back and sighs before going over to his bed. Patting the bed, he lets out a low exhale. "We need to talk to them, I mean really talk. Getting Sienna is gonna be dangerous and we need to trust each other as much as possible."

Fear creeps up, slowly but surely. I'm terrified to face them and listen to them. I know why they did it. They needed comfort. But why wouldn't they come to us, first? I guess that's something we have to ask.

"I don't think I'll be able to keep my cool," I admit, wincing before I sit by him.

He chuckles humorlessly and throws an arm around me. "They don't deserve our cool."

I rub his palm before reaching for my phone. After texting them both to come to Dom's room, I stand up and walk into the corner. I need to be as far away as possible from them. I might do something stupid, like punch them... or hug them.

Cole comes in first. He immediately makes eye contact with both of us before finding a spot on the wall. He stands to the side on the door and folds his arms behind him. His face becomes as stoic as the Cole I had first met in high school comes back. That hurts more than him cheating.

Theodore comes in looking skittish. His eyes flit around the room and he opens his mouth before closing it. He stands on the other side of the door and looks down at the floor.