Forgive, but Never Forget

Dominic

I scroll through my phone until I come across Matt's number. It's been weeks since I talked to him. In fact, I had last talked to him when we all left. Whenever we used to go on missions, Matt and the others were instructed not to call us first. We didn't need the enemy tracing calls to them if they did call us. I guess he sees this as another mission, because he hasn't so much as texted me. 

The phone rings and he picks up on the third. 

"Dom," He sighs in relief.

"Hey, little brother," I greet, smiling automatically. "How are you?"

"We shouldn't be worried about me," he responds, not wasting time. "I'm not the person who's ex-girlfriend that I was madly in love with disappeared. I'm also not the one who's two boyfriends cheated on and am now being forced to with them. So, Dom, how are you?"

His remembrance of the emotional hell that I've went through makes my smile drop. Except, the situation now isn't so bad. The guys and I are slowly healing, and we may have a lead on Sienna's situation, if she isn't dead. 

I decide to leave out that information.

"Cole and Theo have apologized," I start. "Multiple times. They're hurting as much as we are and though that doesn't make what they did okay, it does mean that they're genuine. And if they still genuinely love us, then I think we'll be okay."

"I've never been in that situation, and if it was any random person that decided to cheat on you, I'd tell you to leave and to say fuck that person. But, it's them. You guys have been through hell and back and in my opinion, you should forgive them, but never forget," my baby brother advises. 

I'm impressed. I expected him to tell me to get revenge, hurt them the way they hurt me. But instead he chose a very mature route. One that results in the most happiness... hopefully. If Sienna is truly dead, the four of us will need each other now more than ever. 

So I suppose I shall forgive, but not forget. 

"Thanks, Matt. I'll think about it," I tell him honestly.

"Anytime. Any news on Sienna?" He asks the question I was hoping he wouldn't.

I hesitate. Not sure if I should stress him. He's witnessed too many terrible things for his age, and I don't want to add on. However he senses my reluctance and sighs. 

"I trust you. I'm sure whatever you're not telling me is something I don't need to know," he concludes. 

I smile despite myself and let out a chuckle. "Thank god I got a smart brother."

"Thank god I got a protective one," he says. "I just wonder when he's coming home." 

Wincing, I try to be as honest as I can, "I can't answer that question, but I'll call you more." 

"Yes please, you sound healthy, but I don't wanna have to track to you down," he threatens. 

I let out another chuckle and bid him farewell just as someone knocks on my door. 

"Mr. Vasile?" A Soldier's voice filters through. 

"Yes?" I question, opening the door. 

"Leader Hills needs you," she informs monotonously. 

I nod my head and close the door, put on some appropriate clothes, then open it again. When I come out, Theo and Dean are already waiting outside. Cole finally opens his door, looking like he just woke up. He didn't bother to change, but he at least has on a shirt. 

"Please follow me," the Soldier instructs though we don't need to. 

Every time Leader Hill has called for us, we've gone to the same place. The route there is memorized already, but we follow nonetheless. 

I look back at my guys to see how they're doing. After we came home last night, we all split up to our own devices. I checked on Theo last night, just to make sure he wouldn't throw up again, but he was asleep. He started doing that a few days ago. Ever since we had that talk between us. I don't know what's wrong with him though. He may be sick, but other than vomiting he seems fine. Asking questions is the least thing on my mind when I'm comforting him as he spills his guts. I simply pat his back, give him water, and hug him until he pulls away. And he always pulls away. 

I don't know why. 

Dean seems determined. As if last night's dinner gave him a purpose and he's prepared to fulfill it. He throws a questioning glance my way when he sees me staring, and passes me a charming smile. Dean has always been on my side, and I'm so incredibly grateful for him. Cole looks undead. I'm sure he's been having trouble sleeping since we got here. I'll need to talk with him, but I'm not sure if I can fix it. He said sleeping with the ones he loved gave him peaceful rest, ut could I subject myself to that? 

I don't know.

I'm still lost about many things, but hopefully Leader Hill will give us information so I can know something. 

We walk into the room and said man is standing by the wall with a projection on it. He has a huge smile on his face, one that reminds me of Sienna. 

Speaking of Sienna, she's being projected on the wall, unless that's Asma. She's standing in front of the door of the building, pacing in front of it. She walks up to the door, gets ready to knock, then backs out and continues pacing. She does this twice before Dean can't take it anymore. 

"What are you all waiting for?" He questions, looking around at the three other Soldiers and Leader Hill. 

"We don't know if that's her," Leader Hill answers calmly. Yet he still has a bright smile. 

"That's her," Dean, Cole, Theo and I all answer together. 

I look at the image again, studying her body movements. She normally walks with confidence, unless given a reason to not be confident. By her agitated movements, I suppose she's not too confident that we're here. 

"How did she find us?" Cole asks gruffly. 

"We're not sure. General Ryan could find us if she truly wanted. And then she could've sent Asma. Either way, Sienna or Asma, we have them. They came to us and this could not be better," Leader Hill gushes. 

"It's Sienna," I reiterate. "And we need to get her."

"And if it's Asma?" Leader Hill challenges. 

"Then we kill her," Dean says easily.