Chapter 50: Mirage.

*Graphic/Mature content ahead*

              My chest fills with unease. The cries of my little one wakes me up. My body feels stiff. I put my hands on his chest and I pat him. His little nose scrunches, he's picking up a scent thats bothering him. My wolves ears peak up. I can hear it, it's faint. A third heart beat. Freezing cold from the floor gets embedded into my cheek, fear grips me. I'm circling my arms around my pup, I don't open my eyes yet. I start to analyze the situation. One broken rib. One injured shoulder. I'm weak. My teeth clench. Coward. It won't be a fair fight.

My little one cries and I press my eyelids shut tight. No. Not with my pup in the room. Fear leaks out of my pores. The shadow moves closer forwards. My wolf growls slowly, she's trying to hide by skin but she's ready to pounce upon the threat. Canines descend and she asks for blood, licking her dry mouth, anything that comes in the way of her pup or her mate she'll tear it down and feast upon it. I'm not in a position to shift.My chest heaves. I'm pushing my pup behind my back. My wolf growls silently, almost as if she's hiding her true self behind the softness of her voice. Her ears peak up, she senses danger, I can't feel the sound of the heartbeat of any of my soldiers. Blood drips from a hand in the dark. I grit my teeth. "Show yourself"

The shadow doesn't move. My wolf flashes her teeth, making er hostility known, her weight bearing on her fore paws, shes waiting for the intruder to show up. Moonlight falls onto the bloody hand which holds the figure of a small sun etched on the thumb. My eyebrows cloud.  I immediately understand. It's the same hand from the war which released an arrow to kill my mate. Rage pours out of me. "I said, show. Yourself. You coward" it comes out through my teeth, my wolf growling. She wants to drink from the throat of the wolf who tried to kill her mate. She's not forgiving. I feel the intruders gaze on my wounded shoulder, mocking me. "Hand me your pup" blood leaks out of my ears at the voice intended to draw it I immediately cover the ears of my pup. He begins to wail in pain, tiny hands and feet kicking the air.

"You coward. You'll have to slit my throat first" it pounces on me, claws aimed at my throat, I remain rigid. I'm swift, my hand grabs the shifter in the air before it can pounce on me by its neck so hard that it cuts all of its breathing. Claws bounce back having hit a wall of my shield, I want to laugh, why do they keep forgetting. The effort has me grunting, the wound on my shoulder threatening to open up. I slam the female in my hand on the ground onto the floor  so hard that her skull cracks. Desperate cries of pain fill my ears. I'm shaking with rage. My wolf immediately starts to break my skin, she wants to drink from her throat of life, I hold her back. Not. So. Soon. "You dare to come into my chambers, asking for the blood of my pup after trying to unsuccessfully kill my mate?" I press onto her neck harder, she's chocking. "Is this a joke?" My fingers hold her in a death grip.

Her scent feels familiar. Her scent feels too familiar. My wilds ears peak up,nose in the air, she's trying pickup her scent. My eyes move rapidly side by side, my brain trying to pin it down. I gasp as I remember, it's the same woman who was in my room before I had woken up in the bed of another man. My entire body shakes as my mind conjures up more images, pain surges through me. There's a commotion outside my chambers. She's trying hard to get rid of my hands chocking her. She's weak. She's old. It's the same shifter who had pushed me into the hands of the men who had held me captive in the west coast forests. I scream out in anger the maids gasps touching their hands, their lighting up all the lamps in the room.

Her face comes into my sight, my eyes widen in surprise. It's his aunt.

My wolf shakes with disgust, rage fills into me. "You tried to murder your own nephew?" she shakes trying to free herself of my grasp, I let her breathe I have other ideas for her in my mind. I spit on her face. Humiliation fills her. "He murdered my daughter in cold blood" "no. You murdered your daughter. You wanted another male to rape me. You wanted me to be an adulteress in the eyes of my mate. You wanted my mate to hate me. You put into his mind that I did all of it because he slept with someone else before me. You made him believe that I had  no boundaries when it came to seeking revenge. You wanted my mate to kill me. You wanted all of this so that your daughter could take my place" my throat is closing up on me. Blood. My wolf whispers to me.