Chapter 25: The Lines Of Fate On Your Palm.

She woke up screaming, again. Her body was covered in sweat, cold and shivering, her breath coming out in short pants. Tears streamed down her face and she covered her face with her hands, letting herself cry. A pair of arms reached for her and she froze, her head turning towards the source. Mikhail stood with a glass of water in his hands, his eyes holding sympathy for her.

"Drink" his voice was gentle but firm, strangely persuasive. Her shivering hands reached for the glass and she drank hastily, putting it down.
"You ok?" Her breaths still came out in short pants and she cried, her arms finding her legs. She was shivering, her tears streamed down his hand.
"Mera....." he couldn't bring himself to react. Zelda started calling her that, Mera, short for Miracle. And now everyone called her with that name. A week had passed and she would wake up like this every night, scared to death, shivering and crying. And he would wake up every night, give her a glass of water and ask her what she saw. He always received the same answer, silence.

"No" she whispered, her voice broke as she breathed unruly. His hands stayed still, fists turning white. "I saw those eyes again" her eyes moved frantically trying to put together some words. "After...after he did what he does....he told me they're coming....." her words broke into a sob, her face hiding between her hands.

"Mera, look at me" the girl was shivering, her breath caught in her throat. It pained his heart to see her like this, she couldn't bring herself out of it. "Shhh Mera, no one will come for you. You're safe now. You're safe" he whispered looking at her, taking her face into his hands. She became static, her eyes looking directly into his for the first time. The moonlight fell onto her eyes, making them look like fluid transparent water, tiny freckles of green floating in them. Her plum lips parted a little, and she looked down, her breaths lowering.

"They....want....blood" her breathing picked up as another fresh set of tears fell from her eyes. "But not...mine" His eyes winded as if her words made no sense. They wanted blood but not hers? That didn't make sense. Her mind was tired. He breathed out looking at her.

"Nothing at all is to happen ok. You're just scared. This place is the safest place in all the seven kingdoms. If someone comes there's a secret tunnel behind that wall which will leave you to the other side of the river. Nothing will happen to you or anyone. Do you understand this?" She kicked her lips nodding, her hands still cold. He got up, looking at her. Maybe it was about time she had to step out of the house. Otherwise her mind would fuck her up like it once did to him.

"Mikhail..." her voice was heavy as she called out to him, her eyes drowsy with sleep. He stopped, his head turning towards her. "Please can....you...stay?" He stopped in his tracks his mind flashing. Don't. You promised her. His wolf whisper-screamed into his ear, licking its claws.

"Pa- please?" Her voice was filled with pure innocence and despair, his heart melting inside his chest. Poor kid, she was scared. He looked at her face, she counted on him with her life, her hands pressing into the gown which she collected in her fist. He smiled nodding as he sat down on the chair beside her. His wolf growled, teeth to the wind, calling him a traitor. "Sleep. I'll watch over you" he said smiling as she lay her head down hesitantly onto the pillow, closing her eyes.

Her thick long lashes rested against her now bruise free creamy skin, her checks still wet from tears, her plum lips parted a little. His eyes drifted to her body subconsciously, her full chest rose and fell silently with every breath she took, her hips full and round against the gown she wore, a part of her beautiful ankles exposed. Mikhails jaw clenched as his canines flashed against himself, his wolf calling him a traitor from the start. Anger flowed through his veins as he got up and stormed out of the room.

                                              The sound of sizzling and delicious smell of bacon filled the entire house waking Luciana and Edward up. "It's coming from the kitchen" Edward murmured incoherently. "Maybe Mikhail is cooking something" he said pulling her close to his body. "Mikhail can't cook!" Luciana said waking up instantly, obviously it was Zelda who was in the kitchen. "Holy goddess, this little girl will burn the house down" she said hastily throwing on something over her body. She ran as fast as she could towards the kitchen and there she found Mera, standing near the table, feeding her daughter as she smiled.