Chapter 19: The Shadows Of Truth.

Sunlight fell into the royal chambers which once sheltered happiness, now blinded by the shadow of hatred and sorrow. She sat on the corner of the destroyed bed, a mere thin sheet covering a part of her body, eyes swollen because of the tears she cried.

As if a great disaster had struck, the room was broken to such extent it was difficult to recognise it. So was she.

The bed was broken, sheets smeared with her blood, her body covered in bruises his fingers made sure to leave behind everywhere on her body, her lips torn open at different places, her body felt like it was broken beyond repair.

She couldn't feel her legs, couldn't feel herself. It was a surprise that she was breathing, he left no ways to hurt her in those two terrible days in which he had locked her in this room with him. Now, he was gone.

And she cried. She cried her heart out, her body shaking, her heart paining, bothering no more to pick up the pieces he broke so bad, her heart was a glass and he smashed it against a rock. It couldn't be fixed, nothing could be alright.

She cried until the exhaustion gave her peace.

She knew his anger was above all, but never once she had though that he would do such a inhumane thing to her. It doesn't really hurts if the entire world hates you but the person who means the world to you, starts hating you it destroys you. He didn't even bother to listen to me, trust me. He didn't even care how scared I was, how much it hurt, how much I was hurt and bleeding, he didn't stop. She began to cry again, silently, images flashing though her mind. He hadn't stopped when she has blacked out. She had woken up only to find him inside her, drunk with the haze of hatred, hurting her in all the ways imaginable. A squeal escaped her mouth, he hadn't even bothered to listen to her, didn't even care to even see what the truth was.

Her heart pained each time she though of that day, first that man, the moon only knew who he was and then her own mate. Tears fell upon her shoulders, the cold wind cutting her skin like a thousand needles would do to a piece of muslin.

She was shook out of her thoughts as she felt a bed sheet cover her, she didn't lift her face, tears of shame washed her face. "Would- would you like to have a bath your highness?" Rochelles soothing voice sounded distant, of course every one thought that she had slept with another man behind her mates back, that she was a cheater, a slut, a whore. No matter what she'd try to prove that she didn't do anything, no one could listen. The only witness and her kidnaper and he was dead, carrying this secret with him till his grave.

Tears fell from her eyes, her back resting against the broken bed. "Your highness, would you like a bath?" Rocahelle asked again but it was of no use, it looked like she was talking to a wall. For a second the old woman's heart clenched in pain, the girl seemed......so lost.

Larissa's eyes widened in fear looking at amount of blood on the bed, disgust settling deep into her stomach. The trail of blood continued towards her legs and disappeared at their centre, she knew it wasn't because of her monthly cycle she had hers a few days ago. Larissas eyes filled with tears as she walked towards the other side of the room, no woman deserved this.

Their queen looked like a statue who was breathing. They picked her up, carrying her towards the washroom, she was a mess. As Larrisa discarded the sheet to give her a bath, a squeal left her mouth, each and every part of her skin was blackened by bruises. Esmèralda bent her head in shame, her hair covering her face as she cried, her silent tears begging the moon to call her to her. As she was lowered into the water, pain shot across her chest, a part of her rib was broken, she wasn't surprised.

They washed her in silence, carefully, slowly. She neither moved nor cried nor spoke a word, it felt as if they were washing a cold dead corpse. By the time they were done, her bed was changed and her room was cleaned, the broken items all replaced and fixed. She wished silently, that even she could be fixed. But she knew she couldn't. He had broken all parts of her.