Chapter 48: Walk Me To The Moon.

Fear blinds me like it never did. I was never afraid of death, it meant noting to me. His teeth start to scrape the exterior of my skin. It's now or never. I don't care if I die, but if I die with this regret that I didn't do my best to save my family and my subjects, I don't  deserve to walk to the moon. My body shakes as I look at all of these men around me, my chest burns with the effort, I'm trying to form a curtain of darkness around their iris, I can't shield so many wolves at one it's difficult but not impossible, I take their sight away.

Screams fill the battle field and he looks up at them confused. I take the moment and I extract the silver dagger attached to my thigh in a cloth in one smooth motion and plunge it into his mouth. He screams as silver penetrates him, unable to move, I bind him hard. Flipping the monster above me, I pin him under me, binding his hands with an invisible thread of magic, I sit on his chest my gown riding up my thighs. Blood drips from my nose and I'm shaking, I can't hold on for much longer, my hands plunge the dagger deeper into his head pinning it onto the ground below him. "Never" I fasten my elbow around his neck as he chokes wriggling underneath me. "Mess with a Queen"

My claws draw out and I tear his head from his body in pull screaming as I get off him, hands reaching for a torch to light fire to his head. Wolves pounce on their paws and make a circle around me, the largest one, the most majestic one taking my front. My king. The screaming stops as I give them back their sight, only for the wolves to pounce on them. Only for them to see the fate of their false leader. Only for them know what fate brings for them. This is not over yet. They'll have to pay for the blood they've shed, the females they've touched and the pups they've swallowed. They've brought their fate upon themselves.

My wolves demand of blood. For their dead mates. For their dead mothers. For those juveniles who were too young to defend themselves. For their most precious ones, for their grandparents. They'll avenge every cry, every plea, every scream and every breath which was taken from their loved ones. Even if the moon herself was here, she still wouldn't be able to stop them. I feel too weak to stand. My head begins to spin, I've spent too much of my soul. My feet stagger, eyes threatening to close. But I force myself to watch. My heart fills with a feeling of being whole as they submit themselves by their necks and my wolves bask in their blood. I own them now by the law of the war. And I swear to the moon they won't meet her until I'm done with them. Death will not be easy for them. They shall pay for what they've done.

From the corner of my eyes I catch a woman holding a bow aimed at my mates heart. My nose bleeds I can't shield him, I've spent too much of my soul, I can't feel my wolf. No. No. No. My stomach drops. It's too late. She shoots the arrow. I don't know what else I could've done. I run to him and close the distance between us.

I embrace him.

The arrow pierces me.

Fire surges through my chest. It's becoming dark. And cold. Then every thing comes back to me. The voices start to flood in again, waling women, the scent of blood mixed with sand, the scent of fire charring skin, smoke caressing my skin lazily like a lover tracing patterns on his other halves skin on a sunny day-mid July . "Esmèralda!" My mates screams fills my ears as blood pours out of my nose. That's the last thing I hear.

My legs fold and I fall down, but my face never meets the ground. Strong hands hold me before I fall, darkness begins to fill my sight. I fight with myself, there's only one man who loves me so much to hold me before I fall. Warmth pours out of my eyes. His chest vibrates as he screams like a mad man, I can't hear him, but I can feel him. His chest doesn't stop vibrating. Is he crying? There's intense need in me to grasp onto his scent, to look at his beautiful face once before I go. How ironic, I met my mate because of the war and I'm departing from him because of a war.