Chapter 17: A Prisoner Of Pain (Part 1)

The dress which covered her body fell onto the floor as her feet dipped into the pool of water, body shivering from the cold. You think I'll leave you alone just like this? No Shemi, I'll come back. Not to take back anything but to destroy you. Richards death like face flashed through her mind, his eyes blood shot red staring into her soul.

After weeks of being imprisoned, the people of her kingdom were waiting for their Queen to punish him. He was beaten up like raw meat at a butchers store, his face hardly recognizable, his body barely visible covered in blood and other fluids, he was being dragged on his knees, his legs not even supporting him anymore.

Her body was shaking, feet too weak to support her frail frame anymore, her bones hurting. Clenching her teeth in pain she lowered herself into the warm pool of water, refusing to take any help, she felt the need to wash herself properly, in the company of silence. Her bones ached from within, the effect of the shelves falling on her, her bruises so raw that she felt blood could pour out of them any moment. 

Her mind was spinning, debating weather what she did was right. She debated with the council, her husband, her family, everyone and she she let him live. Her hands shivered as she pulled her knees to her stomach under water, teeth clattering.

"Richard Norman Domanaivé, you were presented before the council and it was proven before the council and the united jury that all the evidences presented before the untied jury and the council prove beyond any reasonable doubt that you're guilty of multiple gut wrenching crimes" his eyes were fixed on her the entire time, claws descending.

She hid her face between her knees, tears falling.

"Hang that bastard!" The crowd was going wild, breaking through all the rules, their voices of pain and anger reaching her ears as if they spoke individually to her. "Burn him!" "Stone him to death" "mutilate him alive as he did to my daughter!"

"Silence!" Their Alphas voice hushed them all. His face was held high, face devoid of any emotion. The subjects fell to their knees at once fists crossed their chests. "Her your highness the Luna queen arrives" the crowd broke into a spine chilling silence all eyes in the way of their queen. She walked forward lifting the veil off her face, fighting a million emotions. Alexandero face was the first thing that met her eyes, he lowered his gaze and turned his head away, his teeth clenching, fist ready as if to punch someone.

His jaw clenched, claws digging into his palm, her closeness sickening him. Her scent was changing, it was pulling him towards him, as of needles pricked his entire body and left wounds, wounds only her touch could soothe. So pure, so powerful, so irresistible........

His eyes were changing colour, claws out, her scent forcing his wolf out.  A growl left his mouth, canines descending, he had to control himself.

"Raise my subjects" her voice lacked any form of energy, yet she stood regally. She took the seat to the left of her mate on their throne, his heart filling with pride, it was their first public hearing as the King and Queen.

Her hands were folded to her side, body tense, her fear somehow too unmissable. People exchanged knowing looks, eyes running along the bruises. She felt an urge to cry, it was all to much for her to bear.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury thank you for your time and your patience. The council upon discussions with his royal highness the Alpha King had decided that his royal highness the Alpha King hands over this prisoner to her royal highness, his Luna Queen who may decide whatsoever punishment her royal highness thinks befits the criminal and brings justice to her and all of her subjects. Your royal highness, you may proceed"