Chapter 15: Of Shadows And Sins.

He could smell her in the air, almost taste her tears as she tried to move herself. In a moment he rushed towards the healing chambers, his eyes dying to catch a glimpse of his wife who was unconscious for three full days.

"Esmèralda" her name slipped out of his mouth in shock as he saw her breaking the glass vase, anger leaking out of her weak body. She shrugged her body with all the force she had trying to push him away, her tears falling on his hand, legs struggling to hold her up. Before his hands could reach for her she pushed them away, tears of anger falling endlessly from her eyes.

"What the hell do you think of yourself? That you can do anything thing you want?" Her hands were on his chest pushing him, her voice louder than he had ever heard before, eyes shining with madness. "She was the closest thing I had had to a mother! You didn't even think how important it was for me to say goodbye to her! Who gave you the right to burry her before telling me! Who?"

Her knees folded to the ground, hands throwing punches on the bed, her throat sore from crying. "You buried her and I couldn't see her even for the last time........." her tears of helplessness were more intense than he has imagined it would be his heart swelling with pain for her. His hands tried to reach for her but she pushed him away, refusing to give in to him.

"Tesoro-" she pushed him away yet again, her knees folding to her stomach, body rocking back and forth as she cried, not ready to listen to anything, arms wrapping around herself, body shaking with pain. Her world was becoming blurry, her mind floating on a cloud of pain. It was all too much for her to take in.

Faint smell of iron started to fill the air drawing her attention towards the large crimson spots on the floor which made her freeze until she glanced at him and it took a second for her to realize, his arm was bleeding. Her hands immediately reached for his arm, inspecting the wound, her hands shivering.

"How?" Her voice was a whisper, she realised in a second that it was somehow because of the vase she had broken. Her anger started taking steps in the opposite direction, she didn't mean to hurt him. The wound was deep not just a superficial cut, a large piece of glass struck in the cut which ran across his arm. She winced in pain looking at her mates hand.

"I'm sorry...I-I'm sorry..." her voice came out in a hushed whisper not sure about what was happening anymore, her hands shaking as she was inspecting the wound. She bit her lip, taking a good look at his body, searching for any other wounds, hands still on his arm. His body tensed at her touch. She got up, her hands frantically searching for an object that could easily pull the piece of glass out.

She began cleaning his wound, her dainty fingers pressing on his huge arm lightly to see if there was any piece of glass left inside, after she was sure her hands slipped into the drawer beside her bed, pulling out a clean piece of cloth and she fastened it around his arm, tight. His eyes were hooked upon her, fascinated, uneffected by the wound. One minute she refused to look at him and the next moment she couldn't stand that he was hurt.

Her eyes shifted onto his bruised knuckles, eyes narrowed. His clothes has multiple blood stains which didn't belong to him. It was odd but she could identify the smell the of his blood, she just didn't know how but she could. Bringing her mouth closer to the makeshift bandage, her teeth tore the excess. "You got into a fight?" He chuckled, she sounded more like a mother to her juvenile. "No" "how?" "It's from the day you were attacked" she froze her eyes widening.

"No" her eyes studied his clothes again, his shirt had big stains of blood. Her fingertips grazed the stains very gently, the tees in the edge. "It's aunt Denise's blood" her voice shivered imagining the pain she must've gone through. First her parents then Aria and her pup and then her aunt. Her voice was caught in her throat, there was no way she could say goodbye to anyone. She pulled her feet up, body freezing like a statue as she began to walk but before she could pass him, she felt a strong grip around her arm, pulling her towards him.