"Hey... "

   "This is Janet, Nora's nurse,  do you mind coming in now, she..." he heard a lady say from the other end of the phone.

  "Okay... I will be there in thirty minutes,"  He said standing up, giving Ashley an apologetic look.

   "You have to go right, Its okay you are not obligated to stay here, and I must say you already spent a huge amount of time here. So Mr Marshall you have overstayed your welcome," she said with an understanding smile.

  "Bye Chloe.. Ashley," he hurried out through the door again. It didn't take him up to a minute to get into his car, he immediately sped out of the lawn, all that was on his mind was Nora.

   Did something happen again?

  Did she try to hurt herself again?

Is she... Damn, his mind was running wild, he knew whatever happened wouldn't be a big deal, but he had asked the hospital to call him if any little thing happened. With Nora a person is gotta be scared.

  Greg drove into the parking lot of the 'Healthy minds' hospital with an animalistic speed, he definitely wasn't in control of his mind now. It was fear, that was the emotion he had now come to associate with Nora, fear of loosing her. She meant the world to him like nothing else ever can. He ran to her ward past the receptionist who was quite accustomed to seeing him run that way, so she didn't care to stop him again.

   Immediately he got to her ward, which was a private ward, he saw the nurse who called him, standing at a corner. And what surprised him, and at the same time put his mind at rest was him seeing Davis sitting across Nora's bed, Nora was sitting up and smiled immediately he walked in.

    "Greg...you are here," Nora said with a sweet smile .

   "Yes, and turns out Davis is here too... You can leave," he said motioning to the nurse. Greg sat on the bed and held Nora's hand. "So what happened." He could have asked the nurse but he preferred talking to Nora.

   "Nothing really, I told the Nurse not to bother you but she won't listen,"  Nora said.

   "Seems like she had a panic attack Greg, but everything is fine now," Davis said patting his back.

   "Did you eat?" Greg asked her.

  "Yes," she replied with a smile, "did you also get to eat?"

  "Yes," he answered.

  "It doesn't seem like he is lying," Davis said looking at Nora with a knowing smile.

   "That is true," Nora said looking at him curiously, "Greg when we talk about food, we don't mean sandwich, burger, pizza or one of those silly food you order."

   "I Really Did eat, and how do you guys know when I'm lying?" Greg asked.

  "Your YES is never sure," they both said at the same time.

   "So what did you order this time around?" Davis asked with a grin.

  "And what makes you think I ordered something now."

   "Because you can't cook," the two of them deadpanned again.

   "Unless you got a cook in that barren house of yours, I don't know how you can have a home cooked meal," Nora said. 

  "Okay... I ate at Ashley's place,"  Greg said.

   "Wow... Ashley," Davis said with a grin, which he returned with a glare.

  "Your secretary right?" Nora asked with a change  in her voice, her voice sounded dull now.

  "Yes, Personal secretary," Davis said again with a knowing smile and it took everything in him not to bash his dumb head in.

  "I don't like her," Nora said with hatred.

  "Why?" both he and Davis asked.

  "Because she is going to take you away from me,"  Nora said tears flowing from her eyes now. Damn, crying was one thing Nora was so good at now, it came naturally to her. And it always hurt him to no end.

  "No she won't Nora," he told her soothingly, at this point Davis left the room giving them space.

  "She will eventually Greg, she is so beautiful can't you see." She was right about her been beautiful but still.

  "Nora no one can take me away from you," he said squeezing her hand.

  "You have been spending a lot of time with her."

  "Well she is my secretary, we work closely together."

"Yesterday you were at her house when I called you, you even eat her food, it is just a matter of time before you forget me as fast as I had come into your life..."

  "That won't happen Nora," Greg reassured her.

  "No you don't see it, she is beginning to mean something to you, and soon you will abandon me like everybody else did... "

  "Stop it Nora," he yelled at her finally having enough of her tantrum. "No one is taking me away from you, no one can, especially Ashley, you mean the world to me okay. So get that stuck in that thick head of yours."

  "I'm sorry Greg," she said hugging him, he in turn held her tight in his arms. "I'm so sorry, I was just scared of loosing you, that is all."

  "I know... Its okay," he said stroking her black mane. They stayed that way for some time until she fell asleep. He tucked her in and left the room, closing the door gently.

  "She should be okay." He heard Davis's voice behind him.

  "I know."

  Greg started walking out of the hospital, Davis closely behind when Davis said something that pissed him to no end.

    "So when do you plan on Introducing Nora to your father?"

  "I don't plan to," he said.

  "But he should..."

  "I'm not going to introduce Nora to that asshole and that is final," he said with a voice that meant that this conversation was over. Davis gave him a look that clearly said 'this isn't over,' but  he dropped it anyway.

Chapter twelve. Votey, votey, if you likee.
Mary Aden.