Chapter 23

Sorry for the mistakes 🙏🙏🙏🙏

"I told you not to follow me, didn't i? Go away, got to your parents" he tried to sound firm, but his voice was smooth as honey for the panicked boy.

"H-hyung i-m s-scared I don't have parents. "

Jin is in dilemma about what should he do with this Jeongguk boy who is persistently following him.

He is himself a 10-year-old boy.

On top of runaway for who knows how long and from who knows whom.

He just knows that someone want him dead and following him around.

He somehow managed to skip away from those, but he doesn't know when he will be found out by them.

Likewise, he looked at the black-haired boy who is sniffling.

Looking so fragile and vulnerable while sucking his thumb, tears prickling his eyes.

Those teary eyes begging him silently.

Desperately wanting someone to hold him.

Jin felt his heart turned cold at the gaze of this boy.

He himself is in need of someone, but he is a runaway and cannot be with anyone unless he wants them hurt.

Jeongguk ran to him and hugged his stomach begging in slow whisper "Don't leave me alone I'm scared"

"Don't leave me, I don't have anyone beside you, they killed my daddy." The child cried out, clinging to him desperately.

Jin sucked a deep breath at the traumatizing information.

Then he realized how desperate this boy must have been to stay with someone he felt safe with.

He realized how this tiny creature endured the nightmare of seeing his father being killed in front of his innocent and pure eyes.

And this boy chooses him to trust and be with.

It was brave of Jeongguk to trust him while he himself doesn't trust anyone.

Right then and there, he decided.

As he grabbed Jeongguk's hand and ran for dear life.

Jin himself was a child but growing up in streets and having his head bounted for whatever reason. He was much more matured than a 10 years old child should be.

After running who knows how long, they stopped to catch up their breath and slipped between in the alley to an abandoned building.

Little did they know they have something deadly waiting for them much more than they could endure.

They made a mistake.

There was a group of underground linked Gangs.

Since that day, they learn about mafia stuff.

One day, they were all killed by Jeongguk himself.

You asked why?

Jin was silently suffering on the hands of these goons by working god knows what?

Once, Jeongguk found Jin.

Sprawling on the floor, barely breathing.

He ran to Jin and cradle him in his arms.