If I Could Tell Her

Edit: Sorry if you get a notification for this; I had to edit. I realized that at some point in the oneshot I accidentally switched to first person point of view.

Tim didn't even know the girl very well.

But he couldn't help from being fascinated with her. The way she often skipped down the hallway, her chestnut braids bouncing up and down. The way her smile seemed to light up every room she's in.

This was weird. He was weird. He'd hardly ever talked to her, something that his "friends" brought up too often.

Like many other people in his school, his friends didn't think much of Hannah. They all thought she was strange, but then again, many people called him the same thing before he started to hang out with them.

Tim tried not to think about it too much. Tried not to think about her too much. He had to stop the constant teasing from his friends. He regretted even telling them. He remembered it as if it happened yesterday.

"Ok Houston, truth or dare."

He didn't even have to think about his answer. He knew he was too much of a coward to do a dare.

"Truth."

His friend grinned wildly, which scared him.

"Who's your crush?"

He could already feel his face becoming beat red.

"C-crush? I don't have a crush!"

They rolled their eyes. "Yeah right. Who do you stare at in history then, the teacher? C'mon, we know it's one of the girls in that class."

The rest of them snickered at the comment.

Tim could trust them, right? If they were his friends, surely they would understand.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'll tell you."

The group became silent immediately, and Tim suddenly felt nervous. He didn't like being put on the spot.

"It's Hannah. Hannah Foster."

They stared at him for a second, before one of them burst into laughter.

"The Foster girl? Houston, you can't be serious."

"I-I am."

"If you insist. But I'm sure you'll regret it later. There are better girls out there. Prettier ones."

He shoved the memory aside as he tried to pay attention to the history lesson. So far, it seemed to be about the founding fathers. Something about an election, and some dual. He didn't care as much.

"For this assignment, you'll be asked to study the different values of the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans. Since we haven't been doing a lot of partner work this year, I'll be pairing each of you with someone. All the instructions are posted in Google Classroom, along with who everybody has as a partner."

Students started to talk amongst themselves, annoyed that they couldn't choose who to work with. Personally, Tim didn't mind.

He opened his chrome book and went to the list of names, and he about fell out of his chair in shock. He read the list again, just to be sure.

No. It was there. Their names, together.

Hannah Foster and Tim Houston.