Hidgens's Approval

I had to add this meme to the top. I just had to.
~Taythefangirl06

"Professor, I know you have canned food stockpiled in your house, but you need fresh fruit and other things! You can't live off of canned food for all of this quarantine." Emma argued over the phone. She sat at the kitchen counter in the apartment her and Paul shared.

Speaking of Paul, he came around the corner. "Hidgens?" He mouthed. Emma nodded. He kissed her forehead and walked back to the living room in understanding.

"Emma, it's fine! You know, I predicted this exact scenario years ago. It's what I've been preparing for." Hidgens defended himself. Emma sighed. "What if I go grocery shopping for you and bring them to your house?"

He was silent for a moment.

"Hm, alright, I suppose that's fine."

"Ok, text me a grocery list."

Emma hung up and leaned against the counter. Hidgens had been very difficult during this "outbreak" and he refused to leave his house, no matter what. She argued with him constantly over the phone.

Emma collapsed onto the couch next to Paul, who was in a video meeting for his work. Everyone seemed to be on it, minus his boss.

"Oh, hey Emma!" Melissa waved at her through the screen. The rest of them noticed her and waved too.

"How's it going?" Bill asked. She shrugged. "Fine, considering the whole fucking world is panicking."

She looked at Paul. "No Mr. Davidson?"

"He hasn't been at our meetings lately. Something about his wife? I'm not sure."

"And if you were wondering, no, we don't get any work done in these meetings." Ted cut in. They laughed.

"Hey, Paul, I was going to go get groceries for Hidgens. Do you want to come with?"

"Yeah Paul, you should go with Emma." Charlotte suggested.

"We're not talking about anything important, so you won't miss much." Bill said.

"Alright, I'll come. Bye, guys!" They waved at the screen, and their friends waved back. Paul left the call. He turned to Emma.

"I've only heard about Hidgens from you. It'll be interesting to finally meet him."

"If he even lets us in his house. He's been freaking out about this. Even though we've had our arguments about it, he's like a father to me."

"Really? That's.. cool."

Emma grinned and kissed him on the cheek. "You don't have to be nervous. Sure, there's a high chance he might not like you, but it's fine." Paul opened his mouth to reply, but Emma had already left for their room to get ready.

————

Together they climbed into Paul's car to go to the grocery store. Emma synced her phone up with the Bluetooth system.

"What about some music?" She asked.

"Sure." Paul started the car and they pulled out of the driveway.