Chapter 15

We soon were at the police station, I kept shifting from foot to foot, waiting for the file on Luther Garland, I glanced around the station, nothing special nothing to make me nervous in any way, but here I am, nervous as ever.

"This is the Garland file." Linus said walking forward with the file in his hand, Dean and I stood next to each other as Sam stepped forward.

"Thanks." Sam said, taking the file from Linus' hand. Dean was drunk, so Sam made it my job to focus on him and keep him acting like he's sober enough to get through this. I turned my head to look at Dean who was looking passed me and an older lady, he turned his head and shot a thumbs up and a wink. I turned my head to see Sam and Linus staring at Dean. I gave them a forced smile, I turned my head back to Dean, and watched as he put his hand up to his face to look at it. I pulled his hand back down, which he defied easily. I heard a tap, making me look at Sam, he began walking away so I followed quickly thinking Dean would follow behind. Sam turned his head, a serious look crossed his face, I turned my head also and saw Dean still standing there talking to Linus, Sam placed the folder in my hands and walked over to get our brother.

"Now where?" I asked quietly.

"We are going to go to a nursing home to talk to Luther's brother." Sam said, his hand placed on my upper back guiding me to the Impala.

          We got to the nursing home, we rounded the corner and saw an elderly lady, Dean jumped putting his back to the wall, which in return made me jump even worse thinking something was coming after us, so I turned to run, when I noticed the elderly lady walking passed us.

"This isn't gonna work." Dean mumbled. "Come on, these badges are fake. What if we get busted? We could go to jail." Once he said that my anxiety spiked.

"He's right, Sam." I say agreeing with him.

"Dean, shh! Calm down, both of you. Deep breath, okay?" Sam said, he started breathing through his nose, making us follow suit, we all let it out at the same time. "There. You feel better?"

"No." I say quietly as Dean shook his head.

"Just come on." We started walking again. "Don't scratch." We made it to a cafeteria. A single guy sat there looking bored, his hand was pressed to his cheek, his eyes were closed. Sam cleared his throat to get his attention. "Mr. Garland. Hi. Um, I'm agent Tyler. This is agent Perry and Franks-- FBI. We'd like to ask you a few questions about your brother Luther."

"Let me see some I.D." He said, I could feel the color leave my face.

"Certainly." Sam took out his I.D, I followed suit, we handed Mr. Garland our I.D's, I watched as he looked at the I.D's and glanced up at us.

"Those are real." Dean said. "Obviously." Dean was making it sound suspicious, which in return made my anxiety rise as he spoke. Sam cleared this throat. "I mean, who would pretend to be an FBI agent, huh? That's just nutty." I closed my eyes trying to take a deep breath, it kept getting caught in my throat, I heard Sam stop his foot on Dean's. I opened my eyes just as Me. Garland handed us back out I.D's.

"What do you want to know?" He questioned.

"Uh, well... According to this, your brother Luther died of physical trauma." Mr. Garland scoffs slightly. "You don't agree." We had taken a seat in the chairs across from Mr. Garland.

"No, I don't." He answered.

"Well, then, what would you call it?"

"Don't matter what an old man thinks."

"Mr. Garland... We're just trying to get the truth on your brother. Please." I watched as Mr. Garland, reaching forward pulling a picture off of the file of Luther.