Chapter 9

We were driving down the road to Carthage, Missouri. I had just finished telling the boys what happened last night before Dean and I went and found Sam.

"I can't believe it. Mom-- A hunter?" Sam said, he looked back at me. My legs were tucked under me as I leaned against the door watching out the window.

"I wouldn't have believed it, either, if I hadn't seen it myself." I say quietly, then chuckle a little. "She could kick some ass though. She almost took me down."

"How'd she look?" Dean asked. "I mean... was she happy?"

"Yeah, she was awesome. Funny and smart. So hopeful. Dad, too. Until, of course..." My voice was soft, I remember when I was like that. Sam sighs, I turned my head to see him looking out the window. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just-- Our parents, and now we find out our grandparents, too? Our whole family was murdered, and for what? So Yellow Eyes could get in my nursery and bleed in my mouth?" Sam said. I licked my lips and furrowed my eyebrows for a second.

"Sam, I never said anything about demon blood." I say to him, I fully sit up and lean forward so my heads between the two boys. "You knew about that?"

"Yeah, for about a year." Sam said.

"A whole year." Dean said, flabbergasted that he didn't tell either of us.

"I should have told you. I'm sorry." Sam said.

"You've been saying that a lot lately, Sam." Dean said.

"But whatever. You don't want to tell us, you don't have to. It's fine." I added, I leaned back in my seat, returning to my position before.

"McKenna." Sam whispered, my eyes stayed outside, I could feel his eyes burning into my skull. "Whatever." The car ride got very quiet after that, I found myself slowly falling asleep to the hum of the Impala as it drove.

      When I woke up again, the car was stopped, I groaned as I lifted my head up from the awkward position I had it in. My eyes wandered around, as I took in the scenery.

"Where are we?" I asked quietly.

"Jack Montgomery's house." Dean said quietly, they both had binoculars as they watched the home. "Are you sure that's him?"

"Only Jack Montgomery in town." Sam answered.

"And we're looking for...?"

"Travis said to keep an eye out for anything weird." Sam answered looking back at Dean.

"Weird?" I questioned.

"Yeah." Sam said looking back at the home, I scooted myself across the seat to get a closer look at the house, I could see Jack moving around in the kitchen.

"All right, well, yeah, I've seen big weird, little weird, weird with crazy on top. But this guy? I mean, come one, this guy's boring." Dean said lifting his binoculars back up to watch Jack.

"I don't know, Dean. Travis seemed pretty sure." Sam said, we all turned back to the home watching through the windows. My mouth dropped open as I watched Jack start eating like a wild animal, next thing I know he's eating raw meat.

"Well, okay..." I muttered quietly.

"I'd say that qualifies as weird." Sam added.

      We soon went to our hotel to stay in. I walked in between the two boys as we entered our room.

"Travis." Dean said, a smile made its way to his face as we saw our old friend. "See, Sam. Told you we should have hid the beer."

"Smartass. Get over here!" Travis said, he had stood up and made his way over to us, we all walked forward as he gave each of us a hug. When he got to me, he pulled me into a tight hug patting my back. "Good to see you."