Chapter 11

Our next hunting trip was in Pennsylvania, I sat between the two boys looking at papers with Sam, seeing that Dean had found this trip.

"The radio around here sucks." Dean muttered as he turned off the radio. "Come on, man. Jobs don't get much weirder than this, you know? Dead vic with a gnawed-on neck, body drained of blood, and a witness who swears up and down that it was a vampire." I pierced my lips slightly.

"No, I-- I agree. It's a hell of a case." Sam said, I sighed lightly as thunder cracked around us, lightning temporarily lit up the car.

"A little more gusto, please."

"It's just... the world is coming to an end. Things are a little complicated, you know?" Sam said, he turned off the flashlight and closed the file we had brought with us.

"Yeah, well, we can't save the world, not today anyway. But what we can do is chop off some vamps' heads. Come on, man, it's like the good old days. An honest-to-goodness monster hunt. It's about time the Winchesters got back to tackling a straight forwards black-and-white case." Dean said. I sighed quietly patting his back lightly. I shifted slightly, resting my head against his shoulder as he continued to drive down the road. The thunder and lightning clashed every so often, almost to the point of lulling me to sleep.I felt a jacket or a blanket lay on top of me.

"Get some sleep Ken. We'll wake you up when we get there." I heard Sam say quietly. I nodded my head slightly, my eyes slowly drifted shut as I dozed off into a light sleep.

      We arrived at the motel later that night, we got our room and took our stuff in and lied down to get some sleep before tomorrow. The next morning I was the first to wake up, so I took a shower and went to get some coffee for us and scope the town out. I was dressed in my usual, jeans, tank top flannel and jacket. It was the Oktoberfest, tourists, residents and workers all busied themselves, by taking pictures, posing for pictures, selling various types of food and such. I walked into a coffee shop and got three cups of coffee for us.

"Hope you enjoy the Oktoberfest. It's like a once in a lifetime thing." The teenage male said from behind the counter. I gave him a small smile.

"I will certainly do my best to enjoy it then." I say with the nod of my head.

"You know, I'd be happy to show you around after my shift if you'd like." He said.

"Oh, honey. I'm too old for you. But I'm sure that young women over there would be more than happy for you to show her around." I nodded my head towards a young girl who was watching us quietly, I sent him a wink and left the coffee shop, I had the coffee in my hands. As soon as I walked out I saw Castiel, I jumped slightly.

"Sorry, I forget you aren't used to this." Castiel said quietly. I huffed lightly and continued my walk.

"Castiel, what can I do for you?" I asked, Castiel followed beside me as I walked through the streets.

"I thought you and your family were fighting to stop the end of the world?" He questioned.

"Oh, uh, yeah. We decided to take this side case as sort of a break, I guess. It was sort of Dean's idea." I explain to him. "It doesn't hurt to take a small break to figure this out. We are doing what we can to figure out this Lucifer raising and it's wearing down on all of us." We stopped outside the motel room. "We are doing our best and it's hard to track down a demon who is literally bouncing everywhere." Castiel stared down at me for a second, his eyes moved up to the small scar I gained from the fight with Jack Montgomery.

"You have a scar." He pointed out, his hand reached up, his thumb ran across the scar lightly.

"Yeah, I'm not as lucky as my brothers sometimes. To be honest, I think it makes me look badass." A chuckle fell out of my lips slightly. "But, I should really get going, I gotta wake up my brothers so we can figure this out." I watched as he slowly nodded his head, I turned around and heard the flap of wings meaning he left. I unlocked the door, Sam and Dean were still asleep. "Boys, it's time to get up." I say setting the coffee down.