"What papers?"

"The papers for the purchase of the lighthouse. They are all signed by Bill and you and witnessed by Mayor Tucker."

"No," Matty yelled.

"Those papers are no good."

"Bill told me he was drunk when he signed the papers, but he said he would not dispute them. He wants the lighthouse."

Matty thought for a second.

"Are all the papers there?"

"Yes. The original documents are here."

"Along with amendments 201, 2, 3?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't remember any amendments to the sale."

"Son of a bitch," Matty swore.

"Is there something wrong, Matty?"

"The sale is null and void Dave. If the amendments aren't attached, then the sale is a no go."

"Matty. You never informed me of any amendments to the sale. All we agreed to was the original documents which involved the sale of the lighthouse and the property attached.

If you made any changes and did not inform me, then they are null and void. I am the legal seller of the property."

"There were three amendments to the sale that were attached to the sale. Bill signed all three."

"That doesn't matter, Matty. I had to be informed. All the papers have been filed already and the deposit is in your bank account. The remainder is held in trust by my company, pending a final inspection by Bill. Once he gives me the okay, I will release the funds and the sale will be complete.

There is nothing you can do to stop the sale now. Only Bill can pull out, but he will lose his deposit."

"Son of a bitch," Matty swore again.

"When did all this happen?"

"Bill came to see me yesterday afternoon. Myself, my wife and Bill went to supper and Bill gave me the papers to file and he approved the release of the $250 thousand deposit."

Matty covered the mouthpiece of the telephone with her hand.

"Fuck," she yelled.

"Fucking bastard."

"Matty? Matty?"

Matty put the telephone back to her ear.

"I'm sorry Dave."

"Is there some problem with the sale?"

"Yea," Matty sighed.