Tyrese

Tyrese knew evil was upon the heart of his lord, deeply imbibed like a sword set in stone. However he had to try, let it never be said that the King's second on command went rogue before seeking alternatives beforehand.

"My Lord," Tyrese began, going down on one knee. "I beg you to reconsider. What have the Holy to do with monsters, much less fusion with one? Remember we are the Blessed, sanctified by the gods and goddesses themselves. To commit this great sin, would be to destroy all that we have ever known to be true."

He looked up to meet the smoldering, angry eyes of the King but his wrath would not stop him from doing his duty. "You run the risk of annihilating the sanctity of our world. What you are planning to do is against even the order of our factions. I am loyal to you my liege, but I also have a responsibility to the people."

The King looked away from the kneeling knight "I gave you a home, shelter, a title and this is how you repay me? By revolting against what could lead to the evolution of humanity as we know it?"

Tyrese sighed as the other Royal knights began to surround him. He stood up, taking a slow step backwards.

"I am forever grateful to His Highness for saving me from a life on the streets." His eyes went to the Ghoul in chains which was struggling against some of the knights with bellows of anger. "And I will never forget the hands which have fed me and made me what I am today. But I will also not allow this sin when I am alive."

The King gave a leer and waved his hands. "Then you will die."

The Knights, most of them as skilled as Tyrese himself, drew their weapons, both man-made and natural. Priest activated their spells, mystical fauna called upon the forces of nature and the legionnaires produced artillery from everywhere on their body.

"Farewell, Tyrese of The Church of Elador, may we meet in the afterlife. You have served me well," The King said the passing rites and for a moment Tyrese wanted to believe that the man who had trained him was back.

But he knew it was not so. The malevolent force which had consumed the King's mind was there to stay and Tyrese knew within him that his time as a Royal Knight was gone for good.

"That may be so," Tyrese grinned and waved gaily despite the heavy pain in his heart. "But I have not yet finished serving my purpose as a Knight."

His back hit the glass painting which depicted the ten gods and goddesses the factions worshipped and Tyrese tapped the glass, sending a bit of strength into his fingers. It began to splinter, breaking apart in tiny cracks and he smiled at those who were once his friends.

As the glass finally broke, a fierce gale swept through the room.

"Know this!" one of the knights called out to him harshly. "If you leave now, you will become rogue, a No Blessed."

"I know," Tyrese called back, his hand going to his chest. "Guess I won't be needing this."

He pulled off the silver intricate pin which signified his status as a Royal Knight and threw it at the feet of the King. "See you in hell my liege, from one rogue to the other!"

Jumping from the open space, he disappeared into the raging blizzard outside.

The other knights rushed to where the glass painting used to be but the white gale had swallowed up the one they sought, shielding him from their gaze.

"What say you my lord?" one of them asked the King who stood motionless by his throne, staring into space. "Should we send search groups to scour the mountain?"

"No," His Majesty spoke, his fingers twitching angrily by his side. "Tyrese is nothing more than a small setback. We will continue as planned."

He turned away, walking towards an open doorway. "Bring me the monster."