Intresting Morning

Zankou took a seat on the couch in the main family room. He sat there for a while, working on his next step in taking back what was his. He was so in gross with his thoughts, he didn't realizing the moment he laid back and closed his eyes. In less than five seconds flat he was deep asleep. Since his freedom, he has yet to get some rest.

Next Morning:

Piper grumbled as she walked down the stairs. It was 8am and thank God the kids were still asleep. It gave her enough time to get breakfast ready, before the circles woke up. She got little to no sleep last night. She had been having the same nightmare since Leo passed, and as hard as she tried, she didn't understand what it meant.

As she walked through the living room, and into the kitchen, she paused. Leaning backwards Piper popped her head back into the living room. There on her couch -favorite couch- slept Zankou. Piper watched him from afar, not sure it was wise to get near a sleeping demon. Had one of her sisters seen her, she'd look like a damn creeper. But, he looked so damn normal. He was stretched out, his right foot under the knee of his left leg. His right arm draped over his eyes. It was so not demon like. He looked tired, even in his sleep. His breathing was hard and she could swear she heard his heart beating up. It sounded like someone was beating drums inside his chest. Walking over to him, Piper hesitantly places her hand on his cheek. He was burning up. Grabbing his on the shoulder, she shook his gently at first. When she received no answer, she shook his harder calling his name. Before she knew what had happened, Piper was suddenly pulled down onto his chest.

Zankou had believed it was all a nightmare, until he felt someone grab his shoulder. Reaching forward, he froze at the small yelp. Opening his eyes he came face to face with Piper. She was splayed over his chest and her face inches from his. Her breath ghosted over his face, causing his own to get stuck in his throat. He held her there for a moment, studying her. But the one thing that caught his attention were her eyes. Big wide doe eyes. Zankou was quick to remember who he was holding. Clearing his throat, he let go of her arm gently.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. You seemed to have been dreaming." Piper placed her hands on his chest, having herself off him completely. When she received no response to her statement, she quickly changed the subject. "Umm, I was going to make coffee, you-uh-you want some?"

Zankou was about to deny the offer, but stopped himself. He could use something to wake himself up. "Yes."

Piper nodded, all but running towards the kitchen. "Okay, I'll get that started."

Sitting up Zankou groaned and cracked his neck. Ironically regardless of the strain on his back and dream, this was the best sleep he has had in years. With a deep moan he stood up and stretched. Listening to his surroundings, he knew everyone else was asleep and his men were yet to arrive.

Walking into the kitchen, he leaned against the doorway and watched the witch. He allowed himself to really look at her. She was attractive he would never deny that, but that was it. That was all he saw in her. I mean cut him some slack, he has been locked up for decades without the comfort of a woman. It was normal for him to look. But he was still confused as to why just her. There were two other woman in the manor. Yet his eyes always seem to find her. No matter who else was near or what they were doing, his eyes always locked onto her.

Piper turned with the mug in her hand, letting it slip from her hands at seeing Zankou standing at the doorway. Glancing down at the mug, she frowned at seeing it floating in the air. Looking back at the demon, he gave a wave of his hand. The mug landed itself on the counter. "Thank you."

Zankou gave her a stiff nod. "I didn't mean to frighten you, thought you heard me come in."

Piper waved his apology off. "When I am in the kitchen I get zoned out, completely blocking everything on the outside." Making her way around the counter, she held out the coffee mug to him. "Not sure how you like it, so I left it black."