Royaly Fucked

Zankou groaned as he pulled at his side once more. Looking down at the floor he chuckled. "Amazing how a few drops of leprechaun blood can affect a demon."

Piper frowned. "Leprechaun blood?"

He nodded, running a finger over the stitches. "It prevents us from healing. We still heal, just at a much slower rate. It was a technique that the witches and the Elders mastered against us. It's not my first experience with it."

"How would it work?"

"Looking for new ways in getting rid of us?"

Piper gave him a smirk. "I have plenty of ways. Just curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat." He stiffed a groan as he once more pulled his side. "Damn shirt."

"Well it's a good thing I am not a cat." Having had enough, she walked over to him and took the shirt from his hand. "Lets try this one." Pulling out a muscle shirt from one of the drawers, she helped him put it on. "I just want to know. See if I can help in anyway."

The demon shook his head. "I will heal, little by little, but it will go away. There is nothing one can do, but wait it out."

"This was how they overpowered you." Piper stated, her fingers ghosting over the largest of scars on his shoulder.

Zankou's hand gripped her wrist, he meant to pull her hand away, but instead he held onto her. "Unlike many might like to think, some of us do have emotions and feelings. We love and hate just like anyone else. At that time in my life I was in a..."

Piper found his uncomfortableness cute in a way. "Relationship?"

The demon nodded. "With another demon, a seer to be exact. I actually believed she would rule beside me." He laughed humorlessly. "But she had other plans." His eyes focused on her hand. They were so much smaller than his. Delicate hands, yet the damage they can cause. "The night after the fight with Malik and his father, she stabbed me in my sleep, with a dragons scale knife bathed in leprechaun blood. In doing so, she gave the Elders and the Source enough advantage to put me away."

Piper didn't know how to respond to that. Even for a demon that was cold. To stab the man that loved you in the back, was even cold for their kind. Running her free hand through his hair, Piper pulled him into a hug. "Well, one thing is for sure. You never have to worry about me ever stabbing you in the back."

Zankou scoffed, pulling out of the hug. "When has a Charmed one ever care for a demon? This is just a debt being paid Piper."

With a shake of her head, she moved away, hugging herself. "Not anymore it isn't. Believe it or not, I trust my life in your hands Zankou. You have proven me right in trusting you on more than one occasion. This was never just a debt."

Zankou watched her walk out. Although he wanted to call her back, he restrained himself. He knew this was wrong, wrong for him and for her. If Cole falling for one, was enough to rattle the whole underground. He didn't want to imagine what two would cause. He just needed to stay away from her. His men will guard them and keep him away. Besides Cole was here already, he could take over for now. Yet he felt this strange feeling in his stomach. Every time he thought of leaving, it bugged him. It felt as if he was abandoning them to their luck. With a groan he fell back into the bed. The decision will have to wait, at the moment all he could do, was try and relax and let his body do the healing.

Piper stormed into the kitchen, pissed off at the demon upstairs. Why must he be so stubborn and always in the offensive. She was trying to make this as bearable as she could for all of them. Slamming a spoon on the counter, she turned at the sound of a chuckle.