New challenges

The rest of the day went pretty calm. Not a single demon had tried to attack or harm any of the sisters. For once they were able to relax and have a normal day. Phoebe had been able to get some work done without any interruptions. Wyatt and Chris stayed home all day, not once stepping foot at magic school.

"I don't remember when was the last time I have been able to get anything done." Phoebe walked down the stairs and into the family room. "Feels good to be able to work from home and not try and get killed."

"I don't know." Paige hummed. "Something seems off."

Piper groaned, tossing her sister a pleading look. "Don't jinxes it please. The day is almost over and I really want it to end on a good note."

"I am sorry Piper, but I know something is off. It's too easy." Paige shrugged. "But fine, I'll just take a seat and-"

Just then Zankou flamed into the room pushing both Piper and Phoebe to the ground. He quickly formed a fire ball in his hand, scanning the room. The girls gave out a yelp as they hit the ground, not knowing what hit them. Before they could question what was going on, Zankou was hit with vase over the head, causing the demon to drop the fireball. With an annoyed growl he waved his hand to the side, tossing Paige to the other side of the room. Shaking himself off, he spotted the demon flame into the room. Piper was too distracted with the burning sensation on her leg to see the demon. Zankou flamed at the last second, appearing behind Piper, he wrapped his arms around her shielding her from the energy ball the demon threw her direction. It was at that time five of his men appeared, quickly vanquishing the trespasser.

Zankou still holding Piper in his arms, leaned back with a heavy sighed. "Go grab the lighter, bring him here." Three of his men flamed out as the others left to scout the house. "Check on the brats."

"They have names." Piper grumbled, not even noticing her proximity to Zankou. Her leg was killing her.

The demon simply glanced down at her. "I really don't care." Zankou turned at seeing the middle sister begin to stir.

"Ow, what happened?" Phoebe glanced around. Seeing their demon holding an injured Piper in his arms was rather weird. "What the hell?!" Phoebe rushed over to Paige knocked out on the ground. "Paige? Paige?!"

"Hmm? Phoebe? What the hell happened?" Sitting up the youngest witch rubbed her head. She glanced around trying to remember what had happened. Not so hard to do so as she glared at their so call protector. "Lamp!" She growled, tossed the lamp towards his head.

Zankou easily dodged it. "Watch it witch." His voice was growly and deep. "Protecting you from me was never part of the deal."

"Why the hell you throw me?!" Paige yelled.

"Your inability to keep your hatred in check almost cost your sisters life!" Zankou yelled back. "Before you attack me or my men first check your surroundings." Standing he effortlessly picked up Piper in his arms and carried her to the couch. He took a seat, with the woman still in his lap. It appears that his fallen fireball had landed on the witches leg. He can only do so much, he had self healing, but it did not extend to helping other. He could try, but it would really only stop the bleeding. Not close it. He needed the lighter. "I apologize for the harm, it was not aimed for you." Zankou wasn't sure why he didn't feel thrill as he usually would having been able to harm them. But, he wasn't sure what he was feeling, it was new to him.

Piper hissed at seeing the burnt skin, waving his apology off. The damn thing won't stop bleeding. "It's fine. Paige a little help here?"

Paige at the moment was trying to stop the bleeding from her head. "One second, busy here."