Cuddle bear

Downstairs:

"And this is the kitchen. You will most likely always find Piper in here cooking." Paige was currently showing Allison around the manor. "I hope you like cupcakes and cookies."

"Oatmeal are my favorite." Allison said, although it came out more like a squeak.

"Mine too." Grabbing her hand, she walked her out into the living room. "Well that's half the house. Upstairs we have the bedrooms, an office and three bathrooms. All the way up we have an attic."

"Attic?" The little girl could feel the tears beginning to form, but she fought to hold them back. "W-will I be sleeping there?"

Paige was surprised by the question. "What?"

"Will I-"

"No! Of course not." Kneeling in front of her, she copped the child's face. "You will have your own bedroom. No one will ever harm you here."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"So this is the child?" The seer huffed, dropping her suite case on the ground. "Scrawny looking thing isn't she?"

"She looks fine." Paige was quick to defend Allison.

"You have everything?"

"Yes." This was not how the plan was suppose to go. She needed to be in the manor otherwise, she might as well go back being dead. "Tell me again why I must leave? You are my protector are you not?"

"Just for the moment, until things settle back down." Paige replied.

The seer scoffed. "You have Zankou here. Things will never settle."

Just then Paige and the girl were shoved to the ground. Paige attempted to to get up, but whatever had pushed them down, was now pinning them to the ground. Turning her head the most she could, Paige wasn't really surprised at finding Zankou.

"Stay down." Pushing himself off the two girls, he stood up scanning the room. As he creeped towards the kitchen, a small yelp caught his attention. The demon stood over Paige and the child. With a loud growl, he used all his upper strength in tackling the demon to the ground. Wrapping his hand around his throat, Zankou formed a fireball, slamming it into the demons chest. "Fucken parasites."

The seer chuckled. "That's your own people."

"You could have helped." Zankou grumbled, dusting himself off. Glancing down at the youngest charmed one, he held his hand out for her. "Up."

Paige was hesitant in giving him his hand, simply staring at it. "I'm fine."

With an eye roll, he crouched down in front of her. "I am not going to hurt you Paige. Now let me help you up." Holding his hand out once more, he was actually glad she took it. "Next time instead of just standing there, do something." He reached down, grabbing the child's arm and standing her up. He gave her a once over, confirming she hadn't been hurt.

The seer scoffed, crossing her arms across her chest. "You're the bodyguard. Not me."

"The only thing stopping me from strangling the life out of you is her." Zankou growled. "Something happens to her and you will always be watching over your shoulder." Seeing her eyes widen, he chuckled.

"So I suggest next time you help."

"Since when do you care about any one, but yourself." She sneered.

Zankou knew better than to be sucked into her
games. Instead he kept his mouth shut and stood to the side. If he engaged, it wouldn't be a pretty sight.