Epilogue

"Did you know how worried you made me feel when you fainted the other day?" I asked breathlessly as I wiped my cheeks that had been flooded with tears. I gazed at the tombstone in front of me. "I almost had a heart attack, skretch that. I was worried sick! You know?" I uttered gripping strongly at the tombstone.

Kels' tomestone.

"I got angry when you left without telling me, leaving me without even waking me up. I was so lost with my emotion and started to ignore you..." I sniffed a sob.

"I'm sorry okay?" Tears were still flooding my cheeks as I stood back up. Kels' mother was beside me. She was also sobbing. "I'm sorry," I muttered as I hugged her. "Don't be," she said in between sobs. "Can I ask you something?" She asked, she finally let go. I nodded.

"Are you that Jay?" she manage to pull a small warn smile on her face. I nodded in response. "Here," she mumbled but was still loud enough to be heard by me, handing me a book with Kels' name on it.

"This is her diary... she said she wanted me to give it to you," she explained between sobs.

"Thank you," I manage to attempt a smile for her. I wiped my tears with my long sleve shirt.

I was now in my house. The decorations were still hanging on the ceiling.  My birthday had just passed and now I'm officially 17 years old. Prom was around the corner. I was planning on asking Kels out to the prom but she ended up leaving before I could ask her.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I had remembered how I had shouted at her the other day. How foolish of me for doing so!

"Why didn't you tell me Kels?" I hissed in gritted teeth. "I should have been there with you, like when you have been there for me!"

Old memories flooded through my mind. Kels was my life savior. She had saved me when I was nearly killed by a fast moving car a few years back. That car moved too fast! I didn't even notice there was a car from both sides of the road 'til suddenly a girl pushed me aside, stumbling both of us down the low hill together. I woke up to see two hazel brown eyes starring back at me. They were mesmerizing. But to my surprise, she sprinted away before I could say a thank you.

I didn't even catch her name.

But on the first day of freshman year, I saw those two beautiful hazel brown eyes looking anxious as ever. She was obviously lost, so I had offered to help her yet she denied my assistent. She was a strange girl but that didn't change my heart for her.  I liked her. I didn't know if she liked me back but since the day when I had recieved an anonymous note. I somehow knew it was her. Skretch that, I actually knew it was her. I've seen her writings and I know exactly it was accurately hers. I just know it.

In her thirteenth note that her mom had given me along with her diary, she had told me that each letter of the end of every note kept some meaning. So I did what she had told me; putting all the notes in an accurate position based on their numbers. It took me awhile...then it hit me. I read out the exact words that were formed.

"I'm your admie," I muttered,  " is admie sopposed to be "admire" but where's the r?" I mentally asked myself. I sighed.

"Nevermind that,"

A tear rolled on my cheek as I now realized she had been saving her heart for me too. My knuckles instantly became white. I was too stupid to notice, why was I so naive?

I ran my fingers through my hair as I read one by one of her random notes. Guilt flooded in my chest as I flipped the pages of her diary, expecting there was more than what she had written in it.

Then... a note slipped out. I immediately took it. I let out a gasp as I read what was written on it.

"Hey Jay. Don't cry. I love you"

- R "