Part 14

lucy's pov:

It didn't take long for us to meet the small humble cafe that natsu so wanted to bring me too.

The outside had some cozy cabin look to it and i came quickly obsessed, how come i've never heard of this cafe before?

"Well, we're here Luce" He dropped my legs and crouched down low for me to get off. He looked back at me with eyes i've never seen before: Lust.

He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers together as he leads me into the small cafe waving to the barista over at the counter.

"So this is the Lucy you've been talking about, you finally got her to love you?" She smiled at me, i returned the favour. what does she mean Been talking about? has he openly liked me for this long?

"Come on Kiyoka! don't expose me like that." She giggled at him, the woman looked to be at least in her late 40's with gray hair sprouting from her roots and wrinkles spotting different area's of her face.

"What do you mean talking about?" I tilt my head, i was genuinely actually quite interested in this. "How long has he been talking about me for?" i laugh

"He's been crushing on you like forever! Him and Gray would tease each other about it here all the time in the cafe and I soon picked up." He held out her hand for me to shake it, i took my free hand and shook hers continuing to smile.

"Wait so how did you know this was Lucy?" He asked the lady. She let out a small laugh and shook her head almost as if the answer was obvious.

She started to speak in a sarcastic voice

"Lucy's big beautiful brown eyes just get the best of me, sometimes i just stare right into them and it feels like i'm in heaven, " I look up to natsu who's face was in a deep state of blush, he looked super embarrassed and it was kinda funny, she took a moment before continuing

"Her blonde hair looked so silky and amazing and it smelt so good, like Strawberries. I would stay over at her house just for her smell it was so good and intoxicating" She was staring at Natsu he still looked embarrassed at his confrontation.

"He really loves ya Lucy." she turns her head back at me

"I'm never telling you anything again Kiyoka!" He puts his free hand on his face covering it.

"Anyways, I assume you two want a table? follow me." She's been smiling this whole time, who was she to Natsu? I've never seen her before in the town market.

Kiyoka soon led us to a small wooden table
adding two small menus with drinks and baked goodies listed on it.

"she's probably the closest i have to a mother." he smiled and looked down at the menu. "me, erza and gray have known her since we were kids."

"All those things she said about me.. did you actually say them?" I couldn't help but ask, it was so sweet for natsu to say all these things behind my back, it made me feel really good inside.

"Y-yes." He didn't change his state from the menu but you could see the dark red blush on across his cheeks.

"If it makes you feel any better, I used to talk about you like that with Cana, Mira and Erza too." He looked up at me smiled. I knew that cheered him up.

"wait you're so telling me Erza knew both of us liked eachother but she did nothing?!" he said a little too loud, i laughed from this. Now that I thought about it, that's as completely accurate.

Once our laughter had been brought to the end, Kiyoka walked towards us.

"Well Lovebirds, what could i get ya?" she finished her question with a crackle, but it wasn't one of those creepy ones it sounded sweet. I could tell her and Natsu had some type of deeper bond, i loved that someone was there for Natsu like this.