Part 8: The race up for Mount Mooshie

🌻No ones POV:
Natsu and Lucy were the last to meet up at the entrance of the race, the girls wore things from sports bra's to tank tops as the guys were merely in white tank tops or shirtless, well only Gray was shirtless. (not that Juvia minded.)

in natsu's eyes this did look enjoyable, but the fact he had to go up against Lucy wasn't all that fun to him, he would hate to beat her at the top but that's the fun with competitions.

"okay guys, we're all here and ready, i'll explain the rules" Erza walked infront of the group and pulled out a paper.

"Teaming of pairs is allowed, but only with two people, magic is allowed, no going off path and whoever makes it to the top wins!" Erza tosses the piece of paper to the ground as she walks over to the rest ready in a line.

Natsu looks over his shoulder to his right with lucy preparing her keys "team?" he raises a eyebrow looking at her big brown eyes. He knew she would say yes i mean imagine how powerful they'd be together in this race, they aren't called fairytail's strongest team for no reason.

"no." she smiles and looks straight ahead, what did she mean no natsu thought, why didn't she want to team?

this stupid thought made him smile, now he really wanted to beat her.

A blast was set off in the air and everyone began to run, Lucy calling out Virgo to carry her out her ahead of much of the components, gray using some ice magic to set a slippery path slipping through others, stupid ice stripper Natsu thought.

Erza equipped her running track armour which made her run a lot faster, she past Natsu by just a few centimetres.

The lead was held by Lucy who was holding onto Virgo with dear life, behind her was Gray, Erza then finally Natsu.

Natsu turned around and blew his fire boosting him infront of others, he caught up to lucy.

The Pink haired salamander slammed into a tree, he shouldn't have been staring at Lucy what a clutz Gray thought.

He surrounded Natsu in a ice cage which only took the salamander a few seconds to burn through, by those seconds natsu went to 2nd to last, although virgo had left lucy, Loke the lion had switched positions, holding her bridal style not missing a moment to stare at lucy's very exposed cleavage, Natsu wasnt going to let Loke pass on that.

he knew he had the biggest crush on Lucy and him holding her, holding Natsu's girl made him furious.

He began to run faster using his flames in his hands to boost himself once more ahead the salamander used a giant slash to push gray and the others behind him.

they were about half way up to mountain race until he noticed that Lucy was no where to be seen, nor her scent it just ended at the trail and no trace could be picked up.

🔥Natsu's POV:
That made no sense, where did Lucy go? i couldn't pick up a scent and the path was straight ahead?

Knowing Lucy she'd never break or bend the rules to win but i couldn't see her and i doubt she was high in the air or low in the dirt, how much that girl hates getting her clothes dirty.

I slow down letting Erza pass me, i could hear a confident chuckle.

I looked over at gray and slowed down to his speed who was hesitant to spare me due to the shear amount of suspicion but the ice mage brushed it off he could see natsu's look in his eye, the mage knew natsu was concerned about something.

"Where the fuck did Lucy go" I asked him,  he looked ahead and around noticing she wasn't here, we were about half way up so she shouldn't have been missing for long hence, i had an eye on her almost the whole time.