16 - The Morning After

Taehyung woke up in an empty bed. Although Jungkook did said that he'll leave once Taehyung falls asleep, part of him actually wanted Jungkook to stay. It would have been wonderful to wake up in your lover's arms.

Taehyung got up from the bed to go to the washroom but immediately fell back to the bed as a sharp pain ran through his lower body.

As he was laying on the bed, he saw something on his bedside table. It was medicine pills with a small note.

"These are pain killers. Take them as soon as you get up. Hope you are not in too much of pain baby."

Taehyung smiled to himself as he took the pills. Maybe he should stay in the bed for some more, till the medicine become effective.

After about half an hour, Taehyung slowly got up and realised that he was somewhat ok. He could get on with his day's work if it doesn't require much moving.

After a quick good morning chat with Jungkook, he went out of the room and his brother has already made breakfast.

"Good morning Tae bear"

"Morning hyung, how was yesterday?"

"Oh it was great. Joonie was thoughtful. We went to many fun places. To be honest, I was exhausted by the time we got home."

"I'm glad you enjoyed your day. I think Namjoon hyung has been planning for months."

"I know. By the way, He said he'll be here shortly."

"Oh yeah, we have a meeting with the  marketing team today. I hate those. I don't know why I have to sit through these boring meetings."

Taehyung was finished with breakfast and was watching the TV when Namjoon came.

"Good morning Tae, are you ready to go?" Namjoon asked after he gave a kiss to his boyfriend.

"Yes Joonie hyung. We can go." Taehyung replied as he got up from the sofa with difficulty.

"Baby are you ok? You seem a bit stiff today." Jin asked as he noticed the younger's discomfort at breakfast too.

"I'm fine hyung. Guess I slept on a weird angle or something." Taehyung muttered a halfhearted reply.

"Oh Joonie, you forgot to take the file that Yoongi left yesterday. Didn't he said it was important?" Jin gave a file to Namjoon.

"Yes, I was supposed to go through that before the meeting. Guess I have to read it on the way." Namjoon replied.

"Did Yoongi hyung came yesterday? I didn't see him." Taehyung was panicking a bit.

"You didn't see him? I think he came in the night around 8.00 or so. He called me and said he had some important documents to give me and I told him to drop it here. Maybe you were already sleeping" Namjoon said in a suprised voice.

"Maybe." Taehyung was feeling dreadful. He didn't hear Yoongi coming yesterday but if he came when Jungkook was here, there were no chance that Yoongi didn't hear them.

They both didn't bother to keep the noise down as they thought that no one was home.

At the office, Taehyung sits through the boring meeting with difficulty. The pain killers must be wearing off and Taehyung found it difficult to sit.

As they were finished with the meeting, Hoseok came to find them.

"Hi guys, are you done for the day? Can I borrow Tae for a while?" Hoseok asked.

"Sure, the meeting is over. Tae come to my office once you are done ok. My work will be finished around 5.00 so I'll drop you home." Namjoon replied and left.

"What do you want hyung?" Taehyung asked from Hoseok.

"I changed few parts of the choreography for the new song. I want you try it out and see." Hoseok replied.

"Today?"Taehyung was scared. He can brave through the pain to walk but no way he'll be able to dance. And he doesn't have a good excuse either.

"Yeah. Any issue?" Hoseok asked while walking to the dance studio.

"Uhhh.. no.." Taehyung replies and started to follow but they were stopped by Yoongi.

"Hi Tae, what are you doing here today?" Yoongi asked.

"Hi hyung. I had a meeting  with the marketing team today. And now we are going to the dance studio." Taehyung replied.

Yoongi looked at both of them for few seconds.

"Ok. Hoseok, can I talk to you for a second?" Yoongi pulled Hoseok out of the hearing distance from Taehyung.

"What is it Yoongs?"

"Uhhh... what were you gonna do with Tae?"

"There were few adjustments to the new song's choreography so we were gonna go through that. Why?"

"I thought so. It it is not urgent, can you not do that today? Please don't ask for the reason. Just trust me on this."

"Uhhh... ok I guess. I have enough time. Is something wrong?"

"No no. It's fine. Just trust me ok."

"Ok Yoongs."

With that Hoseok left, after waiving bye to Taehyung.

"What happened Yoongi hyung?"

"Hmmm... you are going with me. Come on." Yoongi started walking and Taehyung followed obediently.

Once they were inside Yoongi's office, Taehyung half layed on the sofa as he was still sore.

"Just give me 5 minutes hyung, I'll be right there." Taehyung said while closing his eyes.

"No need. Just stay there. Did you... uhmmm.... took any pain killers?" Yoongi asked while scratching the back of his head.

Taehyung's eyes flew open. He looked at the elder with a frightened look.

"Oh come on Tae, no need to look so scared. We're all adults here. I'm not judging anything. Just be careful. If you are really serious about this, you should let Namjoon handle it. It won't be good if paparazzi photos of him came out first." Yoongi said in a assuring voice.

Taehyung visibly relaxed. He sure was lucky to have such good friends around him.

"Thanks hyung. I know but...uhhh...It's just that he's.. uhhhh... well he's not from this world and I don't want to make things uncomfortable for him. But yeah, it's pretty serious, I suppose.
I think I'm in love with him hyung." The last part was barely a whisper but Yoongi heard it perfectly.

"That's great Tae. He's a lucky man.
We kind of figured it out from your song lyrics. I'm happy for you." Yoongi said with a smile. "Now stay there for the rest of the day. From what I heard yesterday, you definitely need it. ."

"Hyung!!!"

"What?? I came to drop a file and boy, you two were damn loud."

"I... We... no one was supposed to be home!!" Taehyung's face was turning in to a deep shade of pink and Yoongi was laughing.

"So what's this guy's name? All I heard was Kookie." Yoongi asked once he calmed down.

"Jungkook. His name is Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung said with a sigh.

"I hope you introduce him to us soon Tae. We would love to meet him." Yoongi said seriously.

"Ok. I will. Thanks hyung. For everything. I'll just sleep here a bit. My back has been killing me all day."

"I bet. I actually didn't expect you to be able to walk for a week." Yoongi said teasingly.

Taehyung relaxed in to the sofa once more and within few minutes, he fell in to a peaceful sleep.