08 - status updated

I was waiting for you.

Jungkook felt his heart soar at those words. V, was waiting for him.

"Can we talk now?" Jungkook again waits for the reply.

He didn't had to wait for long before his phone started to ring.

"Hello."

"Hi."

"Do you normally work this late?"

"Ah sorry. I was behind with some work that needs to be done today."

"Is it because you came to see me today?"

"That and because my ass**** boss wasted my time."

"Why is he an ass****?"

"He's making passes at me. Creep."

"Oh. Did you make a complain?"

"No. The thing is he's my immediate boss. And I'm still an intern so I don't really want to make a fuss."

"Did he uh... did he touch you?"

"No. Ofcourse not. I would have broken that freak's hand. He's just heavily flirting. I can handle that much."

"Ok, if you say so. But people like that needs to be handled properly."

"Yeah. But I have a feeling he might stop from now on. I kind of told him I already have a boyfriend."

"Oh... you do?"

"Uhh... I think so. I mean we are kind of at a really early stage. But... yeah..."

"Ok."

"I mean I have only met him three times so far. We haven't really talked that much either. But I feel as if I knew him for a long time."

"Ok."

Jungkook heard Taehyung's voice drop it's liveliness. A small smile crept in to Jungkook's face as he realize that the elder is still clueless.

"I meant you Tae."

"Ok. Wait what?!!"

"I was talking about you. I hope I'm not pushing things where it's not welcomed. But I've been thinking about you for all these years. I never forgot your eyes. That's what attracted me to V in the first place."

"Ok."

"If you don't feel the same way, that's totally OK. We can be just friends."

"We can?"

"Sure thing Tae. I mean I can't really undo how I feel about you. But I promise I won't cross the line. I'll take whatever you are comfortable with. But..."

"But..."

"Do you really want to just be my friend? I'm sure that's not the vibe I got from you earlier today."

"O-ok."

"Stop saying OK and answer me Tae. Do you really want to be my friend only?"

There was a long silence as Jungkook waited for Taehyung's answer.

"You better not let that creep touch you."

"I won't. I promise."

"Because I really don't like people touching what's mine."

With that, Jungkook heard the beep from the phone, indicating that the call was disconnected.

Cute. Jungkook thought to himself. He could already picture Taehyung's blushing face. Although Jungkook would love nothing more than to see it personally, he need to control himself.

Taehyung's personal space and boundaries needs to be respected.

Taehyung kept the phone before Jungkook could actually ask the question, but it seems like Jungkook indeed have a boyfriend.

Taehyung starred at the phone in his hand. His face was red as a tomato. That boy is very cheeky. But he's right.

Taehyung definitely doesn't want to be just friends.

Taehyung was startled at the noise of his door being open.

"Tae bear you need to call Joonie. He said he tried OH MY GOD!!.... are you ok? Do you have a fever?" Jin hurriedly came over to Taehyung and touched his forehead.

"No fever, why are you so red? Are you feeling ok baby?" Jin looked so worried.

"I'm fine hyung." Taehyung tried to brush off his brother's concern.

"Are you sure? Who were you talking with? Joonie said he tried to call you many times but your line was busy."

"Uh... j-just a friend."

"Uh huh. Is it the same one you took that photo for?"

"Hyung!!!"

"Ok ok. I won't ask more. Hope I didn't interrupt anything." Jin said with a mischievous grin as he turned to leave the room.

"No. I was already done." Taehyung replied, his face getting more red, if it is even possible.

Taehyung called Namjoon. He just wanted to inform about a change in the schedule tomorrow.

Taehyung thought about the conversation he had with Jungkook. There was something else that he wanted to ask but got side tracked. He decided to text Jungkook as a call might not be a good choice with the flustered state he was in.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

The reply came immediately.

"Shoot."

"Can I call you Kookie?"

"Ofcourse you can. Can I call you mine in return?"

Taehyung felt the heat rushing in his body. Seriously, this boy would be the death of me, he thought to himself.

"Sure. Good night Kookie."

"Good night baby."

Taehyung is really not used to pet names. His brother always calls him with endearing names but never from a lover. This will take some time to get used to.

Next day, Taehyung has a photoshoot. He has to be there very early as the photoshoot is happening at sunrise and he needs to be there few hours before for the makeup and other arrangements.

Taehyung doesn't know at what time the younger boy gets up so he sends only a message for good morning.

Sometime in the middle of the photoshoot, Taehyung hears the notification sound of his phone. His phone is with Namjoon and Taehyung can't stop wondering whether the text is from Jungkook.

His face started to turn to a deep shade of red as he keeps on imagining what the younger would have said. He loses his focus and camera director calls out.

"V, are you ok? what are you doing? This is not the mood we want. You were doing so well. Let's try again ok. Can someone touch up his face. It's too red."

Taehyung blushed even harder hearing that and he looked at Namjoon with a silent plead.

"Uh.. Mr Jackson, Taehyung seems to be bit tried. You think maybe we could take a break?" Namjoon asked the camera director.

"Alright then. Let's take 15 minutes everyone. But what happened to him suddenly? He was doing very well." Namjoon shrugged to that.

The moment the break was announced, Taehyung got up from his position and went to Namjoon.

"Hyung I need my phone."

"Sure Tae. Are you feeling ok? Do you need anything to eat or drink?"

"No I'm fine."

Taehyung quickly took his phone and checked the message. It was from Jungkook.

"Good morning cupcake. Guess you have work early in the morning today. Don't get too tired up ok. I don't want my boyfriend to be exhausted. I miss you already."

Yes. Taehyung could definitely get used to this.