Chapter 17- till death do us part.

Me and David embraced but then something got my attention. I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. An incredibly fast motion.

David was pulled out of my grasp and thrown onto the floor; you could hear the crack if the wood beneath him as he was thrown.

My eyes had just adjusted and I saw who was doing this.

The witch.

She was clawing at David and beating him badly. His blood was going everywhere and I knew I had to do something before it was too late. I knew what I had to do.

Looking around the room I saw the glimmer of the angel blade. I ran towards it dodging the things being thrown around by the witch. I picked it up and held it in my hands; knowing this is it; I had made up my mind and there was no going back.

I ran towards the scene; cradling the blade in my hands.

This witch had David pinned and he was gasping for air as she held him by his neck. I made a small prayer as I approached the scene. This was it.

"Witch!" I called out and she spun around looking at me. Out faces were inches apart and that's when I knew it was time.

I took the blade in one and and held it so the blade was facing her.

"Goodbye," I said.

I one quick motion I slid the knife forcefully across her neck; blood gushing. The look in her eyes was unforgettable. Her eyes changed from anger... To peace. She fell to her knees and landed face first on the ground.

David got up and looked at what I had done. His eyes filled with tears as he knew... This was it.

I felt a wave of relief sweep over me and let the hold of life slip away.

All I felt was relief. No regret. No pain. No sorrow. Peace.

I fell into David and he caught me. His tears streaking down his face and my vision started caving in.

"Jenna..." He said, tears swallowing his words.

" Shhhh...." I said looking into his eyes, "we'll meet again one day. David, I love you. See you soon," I said with a smile on my face, and let death take over me...