Chapter 1- Today

Thinking of the day I lost Ben, I sat on my bed lost in sorrow.

    "Jenna, you have to get out of that dark room. You're making me depressed," My mom shouted on the other side of my door. 

    "I don't care." I whispered to myself.

    "Look honey, if I could make Ben come back, I would but, he's gone-"

    "And he's not coming back," I said under my breath just as my mom did. I hear this talk every night. Not that it helps.

    "She sighed and I heard her footsteps stomp down the stairs.

    I checked the time. It read 12:47 a.m.

    I threw on my long, black, leather jacket that goes down to my ankles and big, heavy, black boots. Looking down at my covered body, I practically ran to my window.

    My parents are rich and we live in a six story house. My room is on the sixth floor because I hate visitors. My only visitor is my mother; and I hate her as is.

    I opened my window and climbed onto the metal part surrounding the balcony so  nobody falls. I took a deep breath letting my legs push straight. I felt as though I was standing on top of the world and I could feel all of the power and magic serge through me. I looked down at the world below, and jumped. 

                                                                      ~*~

    Falling, I had a flashback of the last time I did this. The adrenalin in my veins; the way my stomach felt; how fast my heart was beating. How much I wanted this to happen.

    Everything moved in slow motion like in one of those action movies.

    In a painfully slow, motion I pushed myself forward a little so I would land on the other side of the barbed wire fence my parents put up so know one could break in; or what I think, know one can break out. Being me.

    Landing smoothly on my feet, right where I wanted, I walked around the corner onto a busy street. There was a lot of places here. Night clubs, restaurants, bars, shopping stores. You name it.

    Remembering the reason why I left, I walked with my head down and hood up, into a dark foggy alley.

     Here's something you may not know about me; I crave blood just like everyone else of my kind. I'm pale, but not pale white like in those fake movies, such as twilight. I am not against the typical lycan; or as humans may call them; werewolves, but the evil ones are the ones that i'm here for. I kill them. I'm going on one of my nightly missions but first I have to get my strength. I have to feed in order to get my flexibility, my strength, and "night vision". Whoever came up with speed as a vampire power, is insane. I still laugh at the thought of it.

    Pulling myself out of my trance I could smell the blood of each and every human in the night club to my right.

    There's something a little different about me. It's against the vampire law to bite a human and turn them. That's how I got here. The way I am. Very few survive the change. It does not happen within ten minutes or anything. It takes time. A week a least. I was bitten by a very special vampire. He never played by the rules; he did what he wanted, when he wanted, because he had powers that know one can imagine. His powers where carried through his venom and transferred to me. You'll see what i'm capable of. Just keep reading.

    There was a smell that called out to me. Yes it was blood. But it was rare. I don't feed off of ones who like life. Ones who hate life may get the gift of immortality; if they can prove their strength.

   As of earlier in my story you read about a guy named Ben. He's the one who turned me. He's the one that I fell in love with and had to leave me.

   I felt a pain in my stomach. Hunger. The smell came closer and that's when I realized he was outside the alley.

    I pushed with my mind; which is what I do for mind control. The teen aged boy looked about five-teen in looks. Funny. One year older than me. I waited until he turned and walked into the alley. He stopped right about a foot or two away from me. I closed my eyes and  took a deep breath. His life flashed in a slide-show for my closed eyes-

    First, it was him as a toddler being beaten by his step dad. The look in his eyes showed that this was not the first time. Second, him on his thirteenth birthday getting a package of cigarettes and a lighter from his aunt for a present. He smoked it all within that day. Third, it was him that same year smoking weed, and doing coke and meth and drinking; Thinking it made him feel better but knowing in his head it made everything worse. Forth, was him as a fourteen year old; his sister holding his bleeding wrists over the sink overflowing with water, but mostly blood. Lastly, he's fifteen; writing a suicide note and off to the highway where he was going to jump off the bridge and fall into a rocky ravine.

    I was sucked out of the trance and it took me a moment to realize something. He was off to the ravine right now.