Chapter 3- Pain

As I woke up from the long sleep I saw that David- was gone. I quickly sat up and looked around. Seeing him on the floor next to his side of the bed made me want to scream. Thinking he was dead I jumped off and ran to check for a pulse. He was on his side with his eyes closed. Pressing my two fingers against his neck made my heart jump because it just reminded me about how much I liked him.

    As soon as I felt the soft heart beat, I immediately let out the breath I had been holding in.

    He must have felt my hand or something because his eyes slowly opened and grabbed my hand and held it with both hands. I was looking into his eyes just as he was looking into mine. Wishing there was some other way to touch him, I put my hand under his head so he was propped up. I had to break the silence so I said, "Are you ok?"

   "Y-" Then he gave out a scream. I knew it was from the venom spreading but I felt like there had to be something I could do.

    I placed my hand that he was holding on his cheek and leaned over his face; my hair like a shower around him. He lifted his chest up from the agonizing pain and I put the hand that was behind his head on his chest.

    "David. This is temporary. It's not going to last long just make sure your breathing know matter how much it hurts. David. Open your eyes and look into mine," I had to do something to take his mind off of the pain. He started putting his chest down very slowly. His breathing returned to normal and we sat like that. He had one knee up and both of his hands where on my arms.

    I looked down and moved on top of my bed. He layed there looking at me. But I tried to pretend like I didn't see it. "Thanks," he said.

    "What for?" I said really confused. I looked over at him and he smiled.

    "Distracting me from the pain by.... Never mind."

    "No. Tell me. Please?"

    "By.... Reassuring me everything is going to be ok, and..... Letting me look into your beautiful green eyes again." He smiled a smile that made me want to melt, even if he wasn't looking at me when he did it.

    "Are just delirious from the pain? 'Cause I think you are."

    "Nope. You know, it's not just your eyes that are beautiful. It you. Everything about you."

    "We just met last night. How do you think you know me so well?"

    "I just feel like i've known you my whole life. Jen,can I tell you something?"

    "Of course. Don't ever think that you can't."

    "I like you. I mean. Like you- like you. Ummm.... Can you come down here?"

    I slid off my bed and sat in the narrow space that I had to sit. He grabbed my hand with both of his and held it. My cold hand in his warm. I felt like he was the missing piece in my heart. The one I knew I wanted to be with even if I get in trouble for turning him. He pulled my hand so I knew that he wanted me closer. I rested my hand on his chest and he wrapped his arm around my waist which just made me want to jump with joy.

    I swallowed and he squeezed my side. I looked into his amazingly blue eyes and let him pull me to lay down by his side. I was wrapped in his arms and all I wanted was to kiss him. And I knew he wanted the same thing but... I couldn't bring myself to.

    I should have expected this with my luck. Right when our lips were almost touching, my Mother walked into the room.