Ch 18 || In Your eyes

" ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ... ɪ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ "

SOARINS POV

It was a windy Wednesday which was quite odd considering the fact yesterday's weather was the complete opposite. Ah, the irony of it all. Life never fails to suprise you, especially when you least expect it- and no, I'm not just speaking about the weather. I meant the Spring Fling which was coming up next Friday. 

It was barely just yesterday when I realized my feelings for dash... once again. Have I mentioned yet we were childhood friends once?

You see, it's difficult to get out of the friend zone when you know that person for several years, not only that but you have a close bond to that person. A bond that will easily fall apart if something goes wrong, and something ALWAYS goes wrong. For the record I am not shading the whole memory stone incident, I'm simply just trying to make a point.

I bit my lip, hesitantly approaching Rainbow and only Rainbow herself with no what's his name around. 

" Hey Soar!" She greets, with a beaming smile. I awkwardly wave and immediately put my hand back in my sweater pockets. Its a little habit of mine I tend to do when I'm nervous and if you haven't noticed I'M NERVOUS.

ɪ'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇ ꜱᴏ ᴏʙʟɪᴠɪᴏᴜꜱ... ɪ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

I struggled to make conversation. Luckily Rainbow asked about my mother and brother, and I replied with the good old cliche " they're doing fine, thank you for asking".

I could tell I wasn't the only one anxious, so was Rainbow but I couldn't figure out why.  The conversation continued, as we spoke about how our day is so far. 

(A/N-  Its lunch time btw)

I began to silently panic when I saw you know who coming our way, most likely to scare me off so I'd leave. Part of me didn't want to let him take control of my fears, but then once again I can't possibly face him with Dash in front of me so I waved goodbye and took off. 

I met up with Spitfire and the rest at the basketball court. It didn't take them a while to begin the non-stop Soarindash teasing me.

" So... When are you going to ask her to the dance?" Spitfire slyly smirked.

" What do you mean, Spits? I already have a date. " 

" Oh, really? Who?" She demanded.

Truth be told I didn't actually have a date, I just wasn't going to allow Spitfire to win this time. I needed to find one, and FAST. There are tons of girls drooling over me, so it'll obviously be easy. The hard part would be actually going to the Spring Fling and seeing dash with... him. 

" Its a suprise... You'll see"

" OOH!! I LOVE SUPRISES!! ITS LITERALLY IN MY NAME!! " Suprise bounced up and down along with the basketball as if it was a jumping contest which wasn't something too surprising for Suprise to do. 

 Just as Spitfire was about to make another comment about Rainbow I had the perfect chance to bring up the whole Wavefire subject " Its quite ironic that you're inquiring about Rainbow when YOU haven't had the guts to ask him out"

" Ask who, exactly?" She gave me a certain type of glare which said it all. Being the good friend that I am, I kept my mouth shut. 

When the bell rang I rushed to my 5th period. There was something quite crucial that needed to get done ASAP. Knowing me, I'd probably wait last minute to do it.