Ch16|| Find your Love

ꜱᴏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ꜱɪɴɢʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 

 I woke on a bright, early Saturday morning looking forward to my little hangout with Rainbow. Tomorrow she's supposed to take off to New York and visit some relatives there. Since she would be gone for 2 weeks which is a really long time for the both of us, we made plans to see each other before the flight departed.

I quickly ate my breakfast, rushing over to next door without even advising my mom where I was heading to, something I've never dared to do before but for dash. I'll do ANYTHING for her.

ɪ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏᴠᴇʀ

I rang the  doorbell a couple of times, expecting to hear her voice hovering through the halls shouting that she'd get the door but no. I didn't receive such greeting. Instead Fluttershy, Rainbow's cousin peacefully opened the door, humming a slow tune.

" Ah, I see you're here for Rainbow?" she quietly asked, removing a few strands of her long wavy hair from her face. I nodded my head, a bit puzzled. How come Rainbow's voice was no where to be heard or why I didn't see her little sister Scootaloo play with her my little pony toys in the living room like usual.

" Exactly where is she?" I questioned the introverted 13 year old, who seemed quite uncomfortable with the current conversation. I took one last glance inside the household, trying to take all those negative thoughts of Dash Leaving without saying goodbye.

" Nice observation" She paused for a while, taking a deep breath in, quite hesitant to finish the sentence. I had a feeling that this only meant bad news. " Did she leave already?"

" Yes"

" But the flight wasn't until tomorrow, or at least that's what she told me ". Wait a minute, did she lie to me? Rainbow wouldn't do that, after all we're best friends.... Right?

" That's what she told me told me too, but according to my mom they left really early in the morning "

" Oh" my eyes saddened, as if this was the end and that we would never meet each other anymore.

" Don't worry, its only 2 weeks. I'm sure they'll go by quickly!" Fluttershy tried reassuring me, but it wasn't helping at all.

" Without her they won't " I sadly sighed, taking a few steps toward my house.

2 weeks, its only two weeks.

~ 3 weeks later~

"Are you sure she'll be back soon? School started 2 weeks ago, she's missed so many assignments. Her grades must be going down" I'm really worried about Rainbow, I honestly don't understand what's going on. This isn't like her, being absent for school.

" Well my mom says that that the flights from New York to LA keep on getting delayed. " Fluttershy advised me while petting her bunny who's name is Angel.

Well then, they better undelay the flights soon.

~1 month later~

ɪᴛꜱ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

I waited and waited continuing to have high hopes for Dashie's arrival until now. " She's not coming back, now is she?". Fluttershy shook her head "I'm sorry"

" H-how long have you known" I slightly stuttered, shocked that Rainbow's own cousin kept this important information from me. More importantly, why would she leave? Did I do something wrong, was I not enough?