Ch 22 || NASA

ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ʟɪɴᴇ, ᴜꜱᴜᴀʟʟʏ ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴛᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴀɢᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ....ᴜꜱᴜᴀʟʟʏ ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴏʀʙɪᴛ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʙᴜᴛ ɢʀᴀᴠɪᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴇᴍꜱ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴘᴜʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ʀɪꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱʜɪɴᴇ ꜱᴏᴏɴ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ ᴀʟɪɢɴ

Lately I have no clue to what's going on. It seems as Earth and my whole life orbit around me while I stay frozen in time. Ever since I dramatically broke it off with Quibble it's like my mind is on a completely different planet. 

Sometimes I tend to zone out in the middle of a class with most of the time a teacher or classmate tapping on my shoulder, inquiring on my strange behavior. A lot of the time it's just Soarin who's worried. He wasn't fond of Quibble from the start, even before he even got the chance to meet the damn jerk. 

I feel like it was just yesterday when Soarin made a remark on Quibbles last name, even joked around about it when he wasn't around. I'm not going to lie here, I laughed about it all the time. I mean, who's last name is pants? I'd just love to go back to the days before Quibble came around... again. 

Wouldn't it be nice if I could go back to the day I originally erased partial memories, so that I can be wise enough to avoid it all? Maybe things would be different, better? More fulfilling?

Don't you ever wonder 'oh, what if I did this differently, or that differently?' Recently I sure have. Before 3 weeks ago that question would've never popped into my head.  

" Ms. Rainbow Dash, what is the sum of the equation? " My math teacher intentionally calls up on me, knowing my head is else where. " What does 7x plus 6x equal? "

" Uh... " Think Dash, think! You know this one! Math, especially algebra is your best subject! Well, Shit. I don't know it. 

The electronic timer on Ms. Cheerilee's desk rang, meaning I had failed to answer the equation. This was something unusual and unlikely to happen to me, since I was one of the top students in my math class. 

 " Time is up Ms. Dash. I think it's best if you spend your time wisely this weekend and practice your variables instead of playing soccer at the park. " 

Exactly, what is happening to me? Has my brain grown rusted and ancient to the point that I don't know what 7x plus 6x equals? A teacher has never in my life told me that I should be studying on a weekend! How does Ms. Cheerilee even know I play soccer with Soarin, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot on Saturday anyways? Teachers aren't supposed to know that, right?

Right before the bell rings Ms. Cheerier assigns us our homework. Since its Friday we don't receive as much as other days, although I fear that next year which will be my senior year that'll all change and the teachers won't be as understanding. Us students have a life besides school, you know. 

As I head the the P.E field Pinkie happily skips alongside me, with a wide smile. This can only mean one obvious thing...

" Hey Rainbow, ya wanna hang around Sugarcube Corner today after 7th? The girls and I are going to have a sleepover with popcorn, snacks, movies and everything!" She squealed at the thought of sweets and treats " You HAVE TO COME!! " 

" Sorry Pinkie, can't. "

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜱᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

" BUT YOU HAVE TO, PRETTY PLEASEEE!! " She insisted, getting on the ground with her pouty eyes. The girl is practically begging me to come which is making it harder to decline the offer. 

ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪꜱ ʙᴇɴᴇꜰɪᴄɪᴀʟɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ɴ-ᴀ-ꜱ-ᴀ

" I have a tight schedule this weekend. Maybe next weekend. "

" That's what you've been saying for 3 weeks in a row now, not including this one!!!" Pinkie passed for a moment, using her Pinkie sense in order to try and figure out why I've been saying 'no' instead of 'yes' lately. " OH. MY. GOD!! ITS HAPPENING!! " 

" What's happening?" I asked. What does she mean by 'its happening'? Is there an upcoming earthquake or some sort of new virus that'll cause everyone to quarantine inside their homes? 

" OOOH!! OOOH! ARE YOU TALKING CRAZY TO SOARIN, DANCING WITH HIM, GOING TO GET MARRIED, HAVE TEN KIDS AND TEACH 'EM HOW TO DREAM??" 

" No Pinkie, where on earth did you come up with that idea?" 

" DON'T YOU DREAM IMPOSSIBLE THINGS RAINBOW DASH!! " She urged, swirling me round and round 'til I was too dizzy and dropped to the ground. Mr. Thunder Bolt asked if I was alright. I nodded and headed to roll call. 

What teacher wouldn't be concerned about marriage and children talk between 16 year olds. Is that even legal? Hopefully not. Knowing Pinkie she'd probably arrange some sort of actual wedding. She is a party planner after all. 

So, Apparently for P.E we're going to play soccer against each other and I was chosen as one of the captains with Spitfire being the other. I choose Pinkie, AppleJack, Fluttershy, Twilight, Sunset and some of my other classmates who I'm not well acquainted with. 

For some odd reason Spitfire chose Rarity to be on her team. Yes, you heard correctly and aren't going deaf. She indeed did choose Rarity. You know, I could've sworn they didn't get along very well. Oh, how times are changing. Aren't they?

During the game I wasn't exactly paying much attention, although normally I do. I didn't notice Pinkie smooshed the soccer ball towards my way and it hit my dang head. What luck I'm having today, huh?

Pinkie advised Mr. Thunder Bolt I have a history with amnesia, which is false by the way. It was in fact a memory stone that caused me to forget certain memories and people, NOT amnesia. There's a huge difference. 

Mr. Thunder Bolt handed me a pass for the Nurses office and said it was best if I got my head checked. Just using the term 'getting your head checked' makes it seem as if I have lice or some sort of strange bugs in my hair. I obviously don't. This is exactly why you have to wisely choose your own wording or else it just doesn't make much sense. 

When I arrived at the Nurse's office, the Nurse checked my head and informed there was a slight bruise above my forehead. Luckily it wasn't visible so it wouldn't ruin my awesome appearance. Visible bruise or not, she still sent me home with instructions to take very good care of else there is a slight possibility of memory loss. 

So yeah, that's the story of how I ended up here, in my room, by myself doing nothing but listening to the thank u next album on repeat. 

Sure, I get casual visits from the Skies family next door and my 6 best friends but I'm constantly bored outta my mind. I guess I have nothing to do except let YouTube randomly play music. For a while there were some Taylor Swift songs from her RED album, Selena Gomez songs from Revival etc. etc.

But the 8th song YouTube would play for me would change my life forevermore, in many unimaginable ways. Ariana's song 'My Everything' blasted through my headphones and that's the moment it all became so clear. How was I blind to see it all before? 

Soarin Skies is My Everything.

✨ Authors Note ✨

I honestly have nothing to say so baiiii! :D

02. 11. 21 edit: can y'all see the video now? I changed it to a different link but it's the same song btw 😊

02. 03. 22 edit: it's starlight TAYLOR'S VERSION now ❤