Ch1|| Never be the Same

" ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ʜɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ɪ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇɪ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ "

( Rainbows POV )

Just a normal school day, for most. Bell rings, everybody rushes home. But no, not Soarin and I. We're not like... most. 

He squeezed my hands twice, a couple more times, as we ran to the other side of town. We must'nt be recognized by our classmates who luckily aren't around. 

We arrived to our final destination, which may I add is miles away from home. 

We played down on the soft sea green grass. " So, what is it you wanted to tell me? " I asked. 

His eyes twinkled, causing my cheeks to turn rose pink. " Dashie. There's something I've been meaning to confess for years now. "

My heart pounded, faster than my running speed. I wasn't ready for this. 

" You see, I- I-" he struggled to finish the sentence, stuttering instead. " I l-like you, as more than a friend "

Butterflies flew around my stomach. My faced heated up even more than before. Is this really happening? Please don't be a dream! 

" I think I feel the same way " 

I felt his face a couple of inches away from mine, as he held both of my hands. I already knew what was about to happen, and I had the sudden urge to pull away... yet I didn't. 

PULL AWAY RAINBOW IRIS DASH!! PULL AWAY! 

Love is fake, love is fake, love is fake!! None of this is real, it ain't real! I must be dreaming, I ought to be! This can't seriously be happening right now, RIGHT? 

I want to experience it all someday, but today isn't the day! Just as our lips were about to touch, I immediately pulled away and took off. 

I catched the train to Canterlot , leaving Soarin all alone. 

Instead of going back home, I decided to head towards Everfree, on a mission. Little did I know that my cousin was behind me. 

I ran through the woods as quick as I could, in hopes of finding the magical object that would solve all my problems. Or at least that's what my lab partner Wallflower Blush rumors... 

Ah, there it was! Just a few inches away from me, there it was ; sitting there, still as if it was waiting for me. Maybe its my destiny to forget and well.... forget.

Just as I was about to grab the stone, a twig snapped in half and it sure wasn't me. I'm standing still, admiring the delicacy of the captivating rock. 

As I turned around I heard a timid squeal, but not just any squeal. "Fluttershy? Why would you follow me all the way here!" I scold, enraged of her decision to follow me.

" b-be-c-causeee" She paused, taking a deep breath in."I can't let you do this!!!"

Dang, I've never actually heard her be this loud and assertive before, so this is quite a shocking surprise. Too bad I won't have any memory of it.

"It's for the best Flutters, you'll see" I reassured. 

" It's not Rainbow, and you know that! Please, I beg you!! Don't do it"

I hold the stone closer, closing the tip of my eyelids. 

The last thing I remember(ed) was footsteps approaching me, doing the best to stop me from making the worst mistake i've ever made.