Chapter 4

The Aura of your remains, remains, remains........

- Anne Sexton ,from "A self portrait in letters"

Alice sat at the lunch table scrolling through her phone . That's when he called her again .

Bruce wayland , flashed on the screen of her phone .

Hey darling ,she said

The other side of the line gave no reply . She again replied to the silence with a worried hello  and she heard someone exhale .

Babe, we need to breakup .  A gasp escaped Alice's lips . The edges of her eyes started getting moist .  He mind turned foggy and empty.  Everything around her started turning into a meaningless blur .

I cheated on you , I'm so sorry . It's just that I fucked her . And i don't find you special anymore . It's that I can't stay with you if  you're not  here . You can understand that right Alice?

She could almost imagine herself sitting on the lunch table at school without a emotion on her face . It felt as if her Bruce was dead. Gone forever .

Alice never wanted to leave her boyfriend behind . But she had to . Her friends had warned her about how boys didn't remain loyal in long distance relationships ; but she was an idiot who did trust Bruce.

Babe, I'm dating cara now . I hope you can -

That was the end . Alice cut the call . Her breathing seemed very calm . Bir her mind was foggy . She felt the same emotion of Sadism grow in her chest . Sadistic emotions towards her self . This wasn't like her last breakup . She didn't cry out this time . She wasn't weak this time . She's strong . Strong enough to draw out blood from her own skin

Alice quitely picked her lunch up  and walked towards the dustbin . Disposing the food . Her legs lead her to the washroom .

"Hey babe" , Bruce said . On the first day of  her at school . His eyes had a  different kind of charm in them and made her giggle whenever he spoke . She was two years younger than him but it didn't matter . She loved him from the very first day they met.

Cara was with her during cheerleading . She never laid eyes on her Bruce while Alice kept him close on his heart. Yes she did kiss other fuckboys behind the school building , but never took what wasn't hers.  Alice always trusted her even if they weren't friends .

Today she stopped trusting that whore.

She entered the washroom of the school building and sat on the toilet . The stalls beside her seemed quite . She was relived that no one would disturb her . She pulled her shirt up and took out a thin piece of metal from her bag.

A blade .

Gliding the sharp edge  across her skin formed tiny beads of red blood form . The skin tore open wherever she placed the blade and dragged it . After making almost fifteen cuts . She realised that she can't do this anymore . She had tried to keep herself clean but nothing around her helped . It was too risky to cut on her arms , wrists or thighs. So her stomach took all the cuts .

Suddenly the stall door next to her opened and she heard sobbing from it the person crying seemed broken and miserable. 

Wealking

and then she heard a body fall .

Alice was callous. She loved hiding her pain and exposing others . She balances herself in the edges of the toilet seat and stood up on it and then  managed to open the camera and found that Mia Lee  , daughter of the psychology teacher lay on the washroom floor , tears streaming down her face , cuts littered everywhere around her body obviously she had to get herself some  pictures . After this was done she picked her stuff and left the school . Who cares where she was anymore .

Bringing out her phone she opened her instagram and posted the picture with the caption

Mia lee;  daughter of  our lovely psychology teacher  Mr James Lee . Found on the washroom floor of the high school ; broken , depressed and victim of herself performing self harm .
So much for her dad being a psycology teacher . Ha ha ha ha

Her revenge on the teacher made her feel happy , but not  happy enough  .

Soon the whole school will see this picture and it shall go viral .

She walked out of the school buliding ; picked her cycle up and  drove off school grounds , out of the main city . The houses turned into bushes soon and she sped her bike on the rocky path ,into the wild. Her breakup with with Bruce had an overwhelming wave of sadness over her . And she screamed .