2

She had been on the ship for days now, staring blankly at the Waves around her. Ashton couldn't help but feel a pull to the water around her. She felt as though it was calling her name, like it was attempting to tell her something.

Her trance was interrupted by a bolt of lightening blasting past her. She turned at looked at Azula. Her twin had been trying to perfect the art for months now and everytime Ashton offered to help, she would be rudely turned down. "Sloppy." She thought, smirking at her sister.

"Almost perfect." Lo started "one hair out of place." Li finished. Azula huffed angrily, tucking her hair back in its rightful place and resuming her position. "Almost isn't good enough." She declared determinedly. Azula blasted another bolt, but this time it was targeted for her sister. Ashton widened her eyes and quickly rolled out of the way, looking at her sister as if she were insane but quickly changing her expression to a blank one.

"Almost got her." Azula thought bitterly, straitening her stance. She always hated her sister. Their mother always favored her over Azula, and she couldn't stand it. People liked Ashton, loved her even, people feared Azula. "If you wanted to kill me, Azula, you could've just challenged me to an Agni Kai." Ashton said matter-of-factly as she stood up, dusting the dust of her pants "but, of course, we'd both know how that would end." She added smugly. Making her way down to her cabin.

Ashton sat on her bed with a troubled sigh. Never would she understand why Azula loathed her so much. She had everything while Ashton had nothing. Azula held their fathers love. Ashton held no ones. She was sure by now that Zuko had forgotten her existence.

She missed Zuko. She remembered how heart broken he was when their mother left. How heart broken SHE was. Her gaze left her feet and wandered to her reflection in the mirror. A hair piece held her hair up in a bun and soft tears dripped down her porcelain cheeks.

She looked like Azula. It was sickening, just the thought of being like her sister. Her TWIN sister. It was stupid really, to think she wouldn't but still she thought her heart would show through more. More than Azula's icy exterior. Her mother would always style Ashton's hair just as she did. Half up, half down. So, Ashton did just that. At first glance Ashton resembled Lady Ursa, so much so that the rest of the day the crew took double takes but her icy grey eyes revealed her. Azula found it disgusting.

🏔

"Uncle won't fall for it, Azula" Ashton warned as they sat in the cozy cabin where they knew iroh and zuko had been residing for the past few weeks.

"Oh please, we both know that crazy old man isn't competent to realize something like that." Azula said, rolling her eyes and examining her fingernails.

Ashton raised an eyebrow at her sisters stupidity and prepared to argue otherwise when footsteps sounded through the room. That's when she noticed that had Iroh walked in, oblivious of his company.

He held several shells in his arms and gently released them on the table before him, picking up one and examining it as he said proudly "Look at all of these shells! I'll enjoy these keepsakes for years to come."

Zuko walked in seething with anger at his Uncles forgetfulness "We won't need any of these useless things! You forget that we have to carry everything ourselves now." He yelled, raising a hand in frustration.

Azula smirked "Hello brother. Uncle." Zuko jerked his head in their direction presenting a face of both horror and surprise. "What are you doing here?" He asked, his eyes widening when his eyes met Ashton's. Ashton cringed slightly looking into his amber orbs, she saw his eyes gloss over with tears for a moment but he quickly broke eye contact before any of them could escape his eyes. "His hair looks horrible." Ashton thought cringing even more when she finally noticed the scar on the right side of his face. "If only I  was there to protect him."