11

If Ashton wasn't sunburnt before, then she definitely was now. Aang left long again in a furious hunt for Appa and whoever had the nerve to steal from the avatar. His friends followed far behind, their thirst for water becoming more and more prevalent with every step they took.
The princess would trip every now and then on the sandy dunes letting out a groan of frustration every time.

Ashton tripped again, but instead of catching herself she crashed into the inescapable sand face first, she felt her bottom lip quiver as she heard Sokka yell at Toph. "Can't you watch where you're ..." "No." "Right. Sorry." 

She felt a soft hand on her sunburnt shoulder causing her to flinch in sink further in the sand. "Ashton, get up, we've still got a lot more to go." She heard Katara say and allowed the water bender to help her up, just in time to see Sokka peel Toph off of him. They all said a few things that the princess's tired mind couldnt understand only letting Katara lead her closer to the others and plop her next to Sokka. All she saw was water touch the tip of her tongue and slowly her mind became slightly clearer. "We're drinking your bending water. You used this on the swamp guy!" the warrior gagged and earth bender agreed "It does taste a bit swampy." Katara sighed sadly, "I'm sorry, it's all we have." Ashton smiled slightly to herself and whispered "I don't think the quality of water we drink matters all that much, Kat." her new friend shot the fire bender an appreciative grin. 

Sokka, who hadn't paid any mind to the girls exchange made a break for a nearby cactus exclaiming "Not anymore! Look!"  

Ashton recognized the plant and she knew there was something special about it. She quirked her head and walked next to him, poking it once Sokka had taken a slice. Eyes widening in realization a too late as she cried out "Sokka! Don't! That cactus is......" his eyes were wide and distant now "a hallucinogenic." she muttered disappointedly looking to Katara who only looked at her brother in horror. "Drink cactus juice. It'll quench ya! Nothing's quenchier.  It's the quenchiest!"Sokka cheered happily crawling on the ground and offering the water to his peers.  Ashton yanked the cactus out of his grip and let it dissolve in purplish red flame. " You've had enough." she muttered. 

Sokka leaned closer to the Ashton's ear, "Why'd you light Toph on fire?" She scoffed and pushed him into the sand, being sure to catch Momo, who'd also had his fair share of cactus juice, before the lemur hit the ground. 

"Can I get some of that cactus?" Toph asked, innocently. Katara cringed, "I don't think that's a good idea. Come on, we need to find Aang." 

The princess held up the rear of the group while Katara took the lead. While the others held hands to stick together the girl tried to make sure Momo didn't decide to go on a surprise adventure in the skies and that Sokka didn't let go of Tophs hand in front of him. 

"What is that?" Katara gasped. Ashton let her gaze leave the lemur and land on a huge dust mushroom in the distance.  The fire bender had only one thought. Aang. 

"What? What is what?"  Toph asked, wildly. Sokka broke from the group and fell on his knees." Sokka!!" Ashton scolded running after him. "It's a giant mushroom!" he pointed out to her, gasping and getting even more excited with childlike wonder "Maybe it's friendly!" she only chuckled and shook her head, trying not to smile too much at the distant young man, it'd only make the burns on her face more sore. "Let's just keep moving."  Katara took lead again, muttering something to herself before tugging Toph along. 

"Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant friend!" Sokka yelled with even more excitement than he had before causing Ashton to sigh and shake her head grabbing his hand and tugging him along. "Come, Sokka." She began dragging him with her. "A long journey awaits." Sokka looked at the back of the girls head and the overwhelming excitement turned into adoration. "Anything for you, princess!" 

Princess Ashton's face reddened beyond possibility.