Chapter 30

Will POV

I was waiting for Nikki near the limo. I asked Shaun’s father to hire a limo for me. I was planning on taking Nikki out for our first date and the old man sure did pitch alright.

He ordered a black jeep limo. After our conversation with Nikki regarding Enrique, the old man wanted to meet her. He was even more delighted to know that she is my girlfriend. As for the dress and jewellery mom ordered it online and offered to pay for it, even though I was reluctant about it because I wanted to pay for it myself, she said I must use the money to go to an expensive restaurant and book a hotel room. She also told me where to buy the shoes. It was hard of course doing shoe shopping for Nikki, but thanks to Facetime, mom was the one that chose the shoe.

Shaun’s father was calling me.

“Hello uncle Harry.” I said.

“Hey my boy. Did the limo come to your house on time?” he asked.

“Yes it did. I do like it, even though I feel it’s not what I imagined.” I said.

“My boys can’t use ordinary limos. You should tell Shaun to take his girlfriend out on a date too.” He said.

“He does, he just doesn’t tell you because he knows you.” I said laughing.

“That boy is something else. Okay enjoy your date, and the driver will take you anywhere you want to go. Call me if you need anything.” He said.

“Okay uncle bye.”

I hung up. The driver who was standing next to me, coughed signalling me to look up.

My God.

I was speechless. My eyes wide open I couldn’t blink. My Nikki. My sweet little Nikki. She looked beautiful. Izzy was walking behind her, holding her bag and coat. I watched as my angel walked down from the drive way.

“Wow babe.” I said.

“Like what you see?” she asked while giving me the sweetest smile.

“I love what I see.” I said.

“Okay Nikki bye. Here Will, take her bag and coat. That’s what gentlemen do.” Izzy said while handing me Nikki’s bag and coat.

“Now you enjoy yourself this night is about you guys, no one else.” Izzy said while hugging Nikki.

“Thank you Izzy for everything.” Nikki said.

“Bye Will. You guys have fun alright, don’t bring her back tonight.” Izzy said making both Nikki and I laugh.

“Shall we go madam?” I said while reaching out my hand for Nikki to take.

“After you sir William.” She said.

I opened the door for her and off we left. I couldn’t help myself but kiss the life out of her as soon as we got in the car. I wasn’t going to let any moment pass. There is one last gift I had for her, but I didn’t want to show her yet until the dinner was over.

Mom was really helpful in planning everything. Of course Larissa helped too. She shouted me for not telling her about the date and that she had to hear it from Shaun. Those literally talk almost about everything.

We finally arrived at the restaurant. Nikki was staring at the building in awe, seeing her happy was all that I wanted. We’ve had a rough couple of weeks, I felt bad for everything I did to her and jeopardizing our relationship. I wanted to ignite the spark in our relationship and keep the fire burning.

“You can drop us off here Mr Diablo.” I said to the driver.

“Okay sir. I will be waiting for your call when you want me to come pick you up.” He said.

“Alright will do so. Don’t forget about my request.” I said.

“Of course not sir. Enjoy.” He said.

I looked at Nikki who was still staring at the exterior architecture of the building. I held her hand and slowly massaged her palm with my thumb.

She turned and looked me, it was like she had something on her mind. My concern was if this whole arrangement was not too much for her.

“Baby are you okay?” I asked.

“Yes. How can you afford to take me to such places?” she asked, she looked really curious and mesmerised at the same time.

“I killed a drug lord.” I said jokingly.

“I’m serious Will. The food here must be so expensive.” She said.

“Don’t worry baby, I have it under control. Now come let’s go the driver has a few errands to run.” I said.

“Are you sure babe? We can just go to an Italian pizza restaurant, I’ll still be happy.” She said.

I pulled her closer to me and kissed her. I sucked on her lips hard making her moan.

“Baby, I had this planned for a while now and besides you have people that really like you out there. They also made this night possible.” I said.

“Okay then. Let’s go I’m feeling hungry already.” Nikki said while putting on her lipstick.

“Me too. Saved my appetite for the food they’ll serve here. Been here twice and trust me baby, you’ll be the one asking me to bring you here.” I said.

“Now come let’s go.” she said.

We walked towards the main entrance. There were paparazzi outside. Which was not a surprise, because famous and rich people come to such places. We tried to avoid them from noticing us.

“Hello sir.” a woman holding a camera said to me. Oh shit.

“Please step aside.” I said to the paparazzi.

Everyone was complimenting Nikki, they were taking pictures of us.

“Aren’t you Dr Michealson’s son? The last time we heard about you it was said that you were studying in South Africa. When did you come back? Is it true that your father is going to build his own hospital? We heard that he intends on being a competitor for New York hospital? Is it true that his wife divorced him because he cheated with one of his colleagues?” The paparazzi’s yelled.

I ignored all the questions and I held on tight to Nikki’s hand. We finally went inside the restaurant. It was quiet and everyone was minding their own business.

“Table reserved for William Michealson please.” I said to the waiter.

“Please follow me sir.” He said.

Nikki was quiet, she was still in shock from what just happened outside.

“Are you okay baby?” I whispered to her.

“I need water.” She said.

“Okay baby.” I said.

We reached a table that had a red tag on it. The waiter removed the tag.

“This is your table sir as per your request. Is there anything you’d like to drink?” the waiter asked.

“Yes get me water with ice please.” I said.

The waiter left, leaving Nikki and I alone. The place was decorated as I asked.

There were rose petals and fragranced candles all over the place. There was a bouquet of roses on the table with a card. I also asked for our table to be isolated from other customers, so we were in the exclusive dining area. It was private and essential in terms of lavatory needs.

“Baby you’re so quiet.” I said while reaching out both my hands for Nikki to take.

“I’m just thinking about what those paparazzi were saying. Why are those people so mean? How can they easily ask you about your father’s life?” she said.

“It’s their job baby, they do that for a living.” I said.

“I was so tempted to say fuck you to all of them.” She said.

“I’ve said it before and they wrote an article about me talking of how the divorce between my parents has affected me and all other stupid stuff. It was published under the ‘New York’s Rich Kidzz’ online website.” I said.

“Rich kid huh?” she said while giving me a silly smile.

“Not really baby. It’s just that when I was still a teenager I was a rebel. Used to party hard, drive my dad’s expensive cars, go to celebrity after parties, strip clubs and throw money at strippers. I think that is part of the reason why mom wanted me to go back to South Africa with her.” I said.

“I can imagine. You’ll never go to a strip club again. Not even on your bachelor party.” She said.

“You’re the boss after all. You’re my woman now. I’m taken, so those strippers can forgot seeing my face there again.” I said. Her cheeks were turning pink, she’s so beautiful when she’s blushing.

“Thank you.” She said.

“Why?” I asked.

“For the gifts. I love them all.” She said.

“Anything for my woman. I figured that this was the perfect time to take you out on your first date.” I said.

“What are we going to do during the holidays Will? How are we going spend time together?” she asked.

“Your boyfriend has a house, you’ll just make up a story to your mom then come over to the house.” I said.

“Here’s your water. I’m sorry for taking long, the food will be arriving in 5 minutes.” The waiter said.

“But we haven’t ordered food yet.” Nikki said.

“Relax babe. It’s a buffet, we’ll eat till our tummies explode.” I said.

“You can leave us sir.” I said to the waiter. After the waiter left, I turned to face Nikki. “Do you like your roses?” I asked.

“Yes baby I do.” She said while lifting them up and smelling them. “Oh there’s a card.” She said.

“Yep.” I said.

“Be mine forever.” She said while reading out loud.

I looked at her waiting for her response. She smiled then kissed me.

“I’m already yours. You’re stuck with me remember.” She said while giving me kisses after each word.

“Forever.” I said.

“Yes forever.” She said.

Even though we have had a few atrocities testing our relationship. Our love seems to have deepened. I wanted us to start everything on a clean slate and be completely honest with each other. I have lost her and betrayed her trust but I don’t intend on making that same mistake again because she will leave me for good.

I just sat there gazing at her and admiring every inch of her entire being. I have to make her mine forever. I have to embed my mark on her so that she never thinks of leaving me ever again.

“You look so beautiful baby.” I said.

“Thank you. You’re looking handsome too babe.” She said. “Oh here’s the food.” She whispered.

As expected, the food was good. Nikki couldn’t stop dishing up, I just admire how she feels so free around me. Most women get nervous and refrain from eating a lot but not Nikki. After dinner was done, we had a few glasses of champagne. I’m not a fan but I had to drink it because Nikki wanted me to drink with her.

“I’m so full.” She said.

“For a minute I thought you were going to have an over consumption stroke.” I said.

“Very funny. So what’s planned for the night?” she asked.

“It’s a surprise.” I said. “Want us to go now?” I asked.

“Yeah. I’m good now, if we don’t have a change of scenario I’ll probably fall asleep.” She said.

“Okay let me call the driver.” I said.

The driver arrived just a few minutes after.

“Ready to face the paparazzi?” I asked Nikki.

“Yeah as long as I’m with you.” She said.

“Let’s go then. I’ll hold your roses for you.” I said while taking them from her hand.

We left the restaurant, the paparazzi crowd was less as compared to when we arrived. My assumption was that the ones left didn’t know me because none of them were yelling except for taking pictures. I hid our faces with the roses that I was carrying. We reached the limo and I opened the door for Nikki then hopped in after her.

“I hope you enjoyed yourselves.” The driver said.

“Yes we did Mr Diablo. It’s a very nice place.” I said.

“So where to now?” he asked.

“To our next destination.” I said while placing a kiss on Nikki’s forehead.

“Where are we going?” she whispered.

“It’s a surprise.” I said smiling at her.

“Of course. I’ll just have to suffer with anticipation throughout the journey.” She said.

“It’ll be worth it my love.” I said.