My Dad phone issue

My Dad has a serious problem...and no... it ain't me this time. Actually, it's his phone that is the problem; his phone screen.

The screen of my Dad's phone is badly damaged that you'd always have to be changing the phone orientation to send a message; because when you tap a letter you find out that another letter appears and so you'd have to be changing from portrait to landscape orientation, and from landscape to portrait orientation, just so that you get your desired letter.  Aargh!!!

 One time Dad desperately wanted to search for something on Google, but as usual, his phone disappointed him. He tilted, auto-rotated, and even decided to change the angle at which he tapped the letters, but to no avail. Finally giving up, he decided to use the Google search button. Luckily this time his phone was merciful to let him tap the search by voice button on Google. 

' How do I make fast fast money?' my father said to his phone. But either phone also had a voice problem or it was Dad's intonation. Because instead of Google putting down what he said...or rather what he wanted to say, Google kept on saying, 'DO YOU MEAN, How do I make fast fast morning? '

My Dad was angry now. He could neither type on his phone nor voice search, but he tried again and this time he got what he wanted. But there was another problem: He couldn't get a question mark on the question.

You know that there's a way you'd raise your voice when you want to ask a question? Well, Dad didn't do that and his phone thought that he'd just made a statement. Frustrated, my Dad called for my help. But unfortunately, I too was unable to get a question mark on the question. 

After a while, Dad and I gave up and stopped trying. But suddenly, I thought of an idea.

' What if we did it this way?' I said as I took Dad's phone. ' How do we make fast fast money...question mark!'

*********
Anyway, that's just one out of the many problems that this phone has given us.

I've told Dad countless times that he should repair the screen of his phone...or better yet get another phone. But ha... my father is the type of person that would manage, manage, and manage a spoilt item until it is completely destroyed. Little wonder why we call him at home ' the Economiser '. 

Toothpaste has finished, yet my Dad won't throw it away. Rather he'll still be scraping the empty sachet with his toothbrush, thinking that there is still some paste left. This is the kind of father that I have.

So when I told him to change his phone, all he says to me is, ' Don't worry I'll still manage it. After all, it has not spoil '.

Well, things eventually turned sour for Dad. And of course, it was because of his phone. 

Dad received a message saying that he'll get a million naira if he'll just tap the 'yes' button. But unfortunately, Dad's phone won't let him.

He struggled with his phone for a long time, and even tried to tap it at different angles and sides, yet he couldn't get it. Dad wasn't good at hiding his emotions. I watched as he frantically and desperately struggled to tap 'YES'.

' God...na so I go come to miss this kind opportunity?' He kept on saying. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead. ' Which kind thing be this, eh?'

And the worst eventually happen. Due to the damaged screen, as Dad tapped the screen once more, he mistakenly pressed 'NO'. That's how my father lost 1 million naira! 

When I saw what happened I nearly collapsed. 'Oh no!' I exploded with both hands on my head.  ' You see...when I told you to change your phone you didn't listen. Now that God wanted to bless us, we no chop his blessing... Oh... Daddy poverty has killed us'.

Dad turned to me and said thoughtlessly: 'Forget that thing...na 419 people send am'. 'As a matter of fact, even if my phone dey works well, I no go even accept am sef'.

'Ah... Daddy...!'