Chapter 16: Arrival

Merry Christmas! Here's A new chapter!

The car ride was strangely long and Lana had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Her hand still intertwined in mine and her slightly open mouth making small snoring noises. Chuck took pictures through the window, but I could do nothing but watch the trees go by. I was scared of what the place would be like. Would it be filled with white? White walls, white furniture and white uniforms? Would I be forced to become overweight? Would I have a psychobitch for a roommate? The thoughts were scary. My heart rate picked up as we entered the city. He turned right the left and suddenly I could see the building through the trees. My breathing picked up. An unexpected jolt woke Lana "Huh?" she said, wiping any spit that was on her face. "Almost there!" the doctor cried. Lana squeezed my hand tighter.

We pulled up and unloaded my things. At the front desk was a cute old lady. She greeted us and told me that my room would be J21. The doctor I said I had 3 months in here, and if I was good less, but if I was bad my time would double.I had a tearful goodbye with Lana and Chuck and they both promised to visit as soon as they could. When I walked into my room it had a pale blue glow. There was a big window with plants sitting on the sill and little twin beds with metal frames and a desk in the corner for each of us.My roommate wasnt in yet. I looked at the alarm clock that was perfectly in between our beds and it read 5:15PM. I speculated everyone was at dinner. So I hid out in the corner of my room where you couldn't see me by cracking the door; hoping if they did a room check they wouldn't see me and drag me to eat.

I was reading one my books when I heard the door open. Shit. A tall brunette walked through the door. She stopped when she saw me. "Are you my new roommate?" she asked. "Uh yeah." " Did you get dinner?" she questioned me like she already knew the answers. " Uhhhh.. Yeah." I replied, totally unconvineingly. She laughed and said " Ok well you can do that today but dont try that tomorrow." " Right" I said looking at the ground. " So, whats your name" " Uh, Carmen." "Sam." she said shaking my hand. " Hey is your dad a-" " Doctor? Yeah. Figures, he sends everyone here." she replied.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what are you in here for? You seem pretty normal" I asked her. She didn't say anything, just showed me her arms. "Oh, but-" "I don't want to talk about it. Goodnight" And with that she turned her light off and fell asleep. I felt so weird. I didn't want to change into my PJs and feel even more vulnerable. So I laid down on my bed above my covers . "I hope these three weeks go by quickly." I told myself as I looked at the moon, hoping Lana was looking at it too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for being so patient guys! Love you!

Question: What did you get for Christmas ( Or other holidays) ?