“There’s a problem though, I’m pretty sure Niall has a crush on Eleanor.” I said. I looked at Lottie through the mirror. She looked back at me, her eye brows creased in confusion.
“What makes you think that?” she asked.
“Today, I saw him looking over at Eleanor, who was sitting next to me, he had this look in his eyes while she was like, pawing my arm,” I sighed, “Like he longed to be me, with Eleanor practically clawing at his arm, begging for his attention.”

Lottie looked at the side of my head, so I turned to look at her in the eyes.
“How do you know he wasn’t longing to be Eleanor, to be in her position?” she said searching my eyes warily.
“Because,” I said stubbornly.
“Because what?” she questioned.
“Because I’m not as great as Eleanor?” I said, but it sounded more like a question that a response.

“Don’t be stupid, Louis,” she said rolling her eyes.
“I’m not being stupid, charlotte,” I whined, going to sit down on my bed. She followed and stood in front of me.
“You really are, I just told you that Niall is almost definitely crushing on you, as much as you’re crushing on him,” she said, folding her arms. “Is Niall going to be there tonight?”

“What?” I said dumbly.
“At the party tonight, will Niall be there?” she said sternly, she came and sat next to me putting a hand on my shoulder.
“Probably,” I answered meekly. I looked down at my fingers fiddling with my nails.
“Well, then” she said standing up. “Let’s get you dressed to impress!” she jumped up and down giggling. For a 14 year old she had a lot of energy. We are too similar.

She pulled me up, and started rummaging through my closet picking out a pair of red chinos.
“I like your style, we just need it to be more outstanding,” she giggled, “stand out from the crowd, you know?” I smiled and changed into her chosen chinos
I kept my red stripy top on.
“This outfit’s kind of... red?” I said, looking in the mirror again. I turned to check out my bum, just as I had done before. It still looked nice. She looked me over, standing next to the mirror.
“Loose the suspenders, Louis,” she said, Tossing me a black striped top; and a pair of black TOMS.  I changed and looked myself over again. I looked good, more outstanding, more me.

We heard a car horn sound from outside and I turned to the window looking out to see a car parked in front of my house with a girl getting out, Eleanor.
“Eleanor’s here” I muttered rushing past my sister, giving her a hug on my way past. “Thanks Sis” I said, rushing down the stairs to get to the door.

 I stopped and sorted myself out. I heard the knock I’d been expecting and I answered it smiling brightly. I was a little out of breath, and I smoothed out my hair gently.
“You’re not wearing your glasses?” she asked, smiling at me.
“I only need them for school and studying.” I said smiling stepping out of the door shouting ‘see you guys later’ and shutting the door behind me.

Eleanor led me to her Sisters car. I’ve got a weird feeling something terrible is going to happen tonight, I just can’t put my finger on what that will be. I shook it off anyway, it’s probably just nerves.

As the car pulled up to a stop; outside a house that I presumed was Zayn’s. It was large, the biggest on the posh street; it looked like the kind of place you would bring up a child like ‘Veruca Salt’. You know the girl, from Charlie and the chocolate factory; Spoiled beyond compare. The house has a kind of beauty I couldn’t put my finger on.

Although at the moment the beauty was ruined, by the drunken, randy teenagers and the stale smell of liquor that radiated from the house. Along with the intense sound of base music that had the ground vibrating as I stepped out of the car. It was a wonder the police hadn’t been called, for disturbing the neighbourhood.