Chapter 6🍂

"And do you know what he said to me next?" Amina asked the stranger who sat next to her as she continued giggling in her drunken state.

Amina had been in the bar for a few hours, and she was downing her 10th shot of alcohol now.

Since the stranger approached her somewhat nicely and asked her what she had been doing in the bar, she decided it would be best to pour out all her feelings to someone she didn't know.

What better way would it be than to do it when you're drunk? Amina asked herself and told the bartender to get her more drinks.

She felt telling a stranger all that had been going on in her life would make her feel better. He wouldn't be able to judge her because he wouldn't have an opinion about her life since the stranger knew nothing about her, and all he would have to do was listen.

Amina thought she wouldn't regret it in the morning because she believed she would never see him again.

"He said he was only trying to do what's right by checking to see how I was doing and that he's sorry my mum had to die. He even said, "she wasn't that bad."

Amina continued telling the stranger. She laughed like a crazy person, but she didn't care.

She had been trying her best to hold her emotions in by keeping quiet or just crying, but now she felt like it was time to let out all the pain she felt, even if it was going to be by laughing like a madwoman and drinking to stupor in front of a stranger.

The stranger stared at her curiously as she continued running her drunk mouth. His gaze was right on her the whole time, as if she was a puzzle he was trying to decipher.

"Oh, Mehn, this is my song," Amina said as she jumped down from the stool she had been sitting on, almost falling to her knees. She was really drunk. She started moving her body faster than the song's beat, making people stare at her weirdly, but she barely noticed them.

"Dance with me, stranger." Amina beckoned, stretching one of her hands towards him as she continued moving her body to the song in a weird way she regarded as dancing.

He stared at her with an amused expression but just shook his head at her as he continued taking a sip of his beer.

He knew that he wouldn't get drunk like her, so he would be the saviour that ended up taking her home since no one else in the bar seemed to care.

"No, I'm good. You seem really drunk. You should probably let me take you home now," the stranger said to Amina as he watched her movements. "I'm not drunk, just a little tipsy, and I'm an adult. I can do what I want. I don't need a babysitter,"

Amina replied, the stranger scrunching up her face like an annoyed baby looking towards him, still dancing.

Amina was about to drag the stranger out of the stool he was sitting on so he could dance with her before she heard her tummy purl.

"Oh. Oh," she said as she used one of her hands to hold her tummy and the other to cover her mouth and started running out the bar to throw up.

She immediately bent down to empty all the alcohol content in her stomach. As she continued vomiting into the gutter, she felt a strong pair of arms rubbing her back slowly, easing her from throwing up and the other holding up her hair.

"Would you let me take you home now?" the deep calming voice of the stranger spoke softly into Amina's ears as he continued rubbing her back slowly.

Amina stood up and looked skeptically at the dark shadow that offered to take her home. Amina couldn't see his face clearly because it was late and she had been very drunk.