Chapter 1🍂

"Amina," she spat her name out bitterly as she looked at her naked form in the full-sized mirror. "look what you've done to yourself," she continued. She asked herself how things had gone so wrong within just a short period. Amina realized that she had changed so much now.

She studied her features, and she remembered how she was before she ended up with Aamon, the monster. The man who promised her a world full of love, happiness, and loyalty, the same man who treated her like trash today.

"You used to be so beautiful." She said, full of regret. She tried to envision how she was before. From her beautiful brown thick hair, which was long and soft, to her light brown eyes, that seemed like she was accessing your soul just when she stared at you.

Her bosoms were like ripe delicious fruits sticking out her chest, and her behind was equally beautiful to stare at. Her dark skin was as smooth as a baby's bottom, and it sparkled like glitter under the morning sun, like a true  African woman.

But now, she described herself as "the dreadful one." Her very thick brown hair was now as scanty as a pack of feathers on her head. Amina's once bright eyes that could pierce through your soul with just one stare were now dull with eye bags that looked hideous.

She was a lot thinner, and the bust that made her look like an endowed African woman dried off, making her look smallish and malnourished. Her skin? It didn't have that sparkle anymore; that glow that could turn the heads of both genders when she entered a room was now gone.

She had scars and marks all over her body; all these were evidence of the beatings and injuries she had sustained from the man she thought worshipped her and could do anything to show her how much she was loved and appreciated.

And in Amina's once beautiful and innocent soul? There were deep wounds, pains, anxiety, terror, anguish, and misery but what filled her heart the most? Regret.

She regretted falling deeply in love with a monster and allowed herself to be deceived to the extent of tying the knot with him. Regret for letting her guard down and trusting Aamon blindly, regret for making herself feel like she was loved. That soul?Would never recover from such agony, not anymore.

Amina continued accessing her now small form, and when she got to her big belly, she placed her hand on it and rubbed it gently, as she continued looking in the mirror..." I'm sorry, my child," she spoke to her baby. Immediately, she burst out crying as the thought of the minor growing in her ran through her mind.

As she cried, she wished she could turn back time, so she could stop herself from meeting Aamon. She asked for forgiveness from the little girl growing in her stomach as she cried her heart out. Her heart ached from so much pain.

She begged forgiveness from her unborn baby for the kind of life she would be brought into, a life with an abusive father and a weak mother, because ever since she let her guard down and got poorly bitten, she felt helpless, and so she described herself that way. She wished a monster hadn't impregnated her, and she wished she hadn't kept the child.

She pitied her baby for being unlucky enough to have a father like Aamon and having to bear his last name, Danger. She thought so many times about getting rid of this baby that was few months away from coming into this wicked world, but she just couldn't.

Because deep down in that broken heart of hers, she still believed this little girl could be the blessing that would change her life.
"Oh, Aamon," she said as she was now seated on her royal bed.

"They say the devil is the evilest person ever to exist," she said while sadness consumed her heart. "But I think you finally beat him to it," she continued, and her voice broke, tears threatening to fall down her eyes again.

"But do you know what the worst part is?" she asked herself, almost whispering. "I still love you so much," she inhaled sincerely, trying to stop herself from tearing up again." I'm in love with the devil," she said to herself, and she laid herself down on the big bed, closing her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter was originally written on the 30th of April, 2020.

Edited : February 24th, 2022.

Don't forget to Vote!❤️