Chapter 2 - The girl behind The Fox

When children keep their mouths shut, especially in a car with an adult, you know that the said child is bothered with something.

The man in the vehicle noted this as he drives alongside the little fox masked girl in tow. He had known her as she grew up, she used to be a chatterbox before 'that incident' in the U.K robbed the person she once used to be.

The 6-year-old was staring out the window watching the lights of the buildings pass by, as both of them were completely silent.

As long as the man can remember, Ranran had always been different from the moment she was born. There were times he would think back if she wasn't delivered in that hospital, could she had grown up as a normal child?

When she was born, everyone around her panicked when the nurse who delivered her slipped and had her head hit the floor, it was a loud thud, and at that time, medical results says to expect the worst

When she was born, everyone around her panicked when the nurse who delivered her slipped and had her head hit the floor, it was a loud thud, and at that time, medical results says to expect the worst. Even though there was nothing wrong with her in terms of mobility, doctors said to expect the worst in her mentality.

Fast forward to 6 years later, and yet here she is, already picking up detective work and putting all of his colleagues (yes, all of them adults) to shame.

"I don't....understand people." she suddenly said.

"Hmph?"Her voice broke the silence as she sat in the back of the car while the man drives, "Understand what?"

"What happened in that restaurant earlier.....why can't she just sue?"

"Hah!?"

"Sue? As in filing a lawsuit on her fake brother?"The Fox frowned as she tilted to lean against the door," her dad is a jerk, she should've sued."

"Now Ranran...if things were that easy, she wouldn't even consider murdering him in the first place, Nah?"

The little girl huffed, "Then why is it possible in our old hometown?"

"Ranran....we talked about this, nowadays even being wealthy doesn't guarantee a win. Money can't buy you out of problems, let alone, solve everything."

"But-"

"Ranran, she won't ever come out again after what she did to 'him'. I made sure of that."

'Him'? Right....' him'.