Chapter 7 - A Rival's Annoyance

Let's talk about Kudo Shinichi.

Most children at Teitan Elementary, especially those who studied in the same class as Kudo Shinichi 1-A, would say his life had always been nothing but a dream they wish they could live wholeheartedly. If you were born a normal kid into a rather average family unlike his, at his age, you would definitely assume that he must be very contented with his life. And what 6-year-old boy wouldn't?

Famous parents, wealthy life, popular, lives in a large western mansion, good with sports, handsome, and intelligent, he was blessed with it all.

Above all, he also possesses one thing other children don't: his observant talent.

That's right, this 6-year-old had a huge talent for being a detective.

With his situation, you are sure to tell that Shinichi has cases after cases falling onto his lap at ease, especially within their school. However, as much as he has received many cases, not one of them actually gave him the excitement he craves, unlike the detective stories his father crafted for him.

And truth to the matter is, he wasn't truly happy with his blessed life.

Unbeknownst to the kids around him, he resented every single second of it.

For starters, he had little girls swooning over him every time he show up in school from afar, while the little boys didn't fair off any better, constantly giving him glares from afar out of envy while his teachers in this school often praised him for his intelligence in the subjects they given him. If that wasn't bad enough, due to his observant nature, he can even see how the other kids try to play coy about wanting to befriend him, but in reality, he knew they are doing so just to get close to his celebrity mother and his mystery novelist of a father.

God, if anyone was in Shinichi's shoes, they would've lashed out at them right now. That be a normal response to what any child his age would do.

Of course, if any kid knew of what he believed, they would hurl insults over why he was such an ungrateful arrogant spoiled brat? What stupid 6 year old kid would wanna possibly turn away from all of this?

Hypocrites kids like them, that is what made Shinichi close to wanting to throw it all away.

It was the usual day in school, where classmates and schoolmates are hustling bustling, hoping for school to end quickly to head home and sleep all day, gossip, you name it, the typical stereotype school students doing their usual activities that don't involve doing homework. He completed his homework a long time ago, so he didn't have to do it upon rushing home the way other kids do.

So the only thing he is stuck with is reading Holmes's stories, which he surprisingly no longer does.

Now, most of the schoolmates in 1-A knew each other through kindergarten, so it was no surprise he was seen reading such material growing up. So with his Tousan as a famous mystery novelist as an added bonus, it was no surprise why he had his nose in such books all the time. On occasion, he would even read it in secret while their sensei is teaching lessons during class.

But at times, his obsession with such novels had also become a mockery among other students.

Questions like 'did it make him a wannabe-tantei' to 'tantei-copycat' tend to come in and out in his life, it is becoming a nuisance.

Normally he doesn't feel easily offended by others mocking him. Still, whenever they mock Sherlock Holmes, he felt like they were insulting his Tantei idol. Is like everyone around him believed he is a mythical being. Not possible to exist in the real world they are in. A world where kids rather glamorize heroes with sci-fi powers. Worst, they believed that his Tantei dream is either temporary or just playing 'tantei' is a joke, just like Suzuki Sonoko's dream of marrying a pop idol, which is in his opinion, no idiot is going to going to wanna marry a girl with no brains. Except for her wallet of course. That girl has more money but a low count of IQ in his opinion.