"Zander I can't shoot a gun!" I whispered! "Hell I can't even hold one!"

"Dont mind her." Said CJ, taking the gun from him, "I got this." Looks like he got a surge of energy because the color was slowly making its back to his face.

"Ya no, you have one too mate." He said, pulling another gun from his waistband.

"How many guns do you have back there?" I asked, genuinely concerned. I mean one wrong move and he won't ever be able to have kids ever again. Or walk.

Before he had the chance to answer, we heard gunshots.

"Promise me you'll stay here!" He rushed, before hearing our replies.

"CJ what are we going to do?"

"I'm in no shape to fight, and you princess are clearly in no shape to hold a gun. So we're just going to stay here, hidden behind this rock, and make sure we put enough pressure on Jace's wound."

I bent down and made my way to Jace. He was becoming cyanotic, and his breathing was slowing down. I touched his hand and it was freezing cold and he was shivering. The wound on his abdomen was oozing blood and regardless of anything he's ever done to me, this look doesn't suite him at all. I tried looking for a cloth to add pressure but I couldn't find any, so I took off my jacket and put it over the wound and he unconsciously winced.

"It's ok Jace. It's ok hun. I'm gonna make sure you make it out of here and back home. I promise you." My hands were shaking but I had to keep pressure on it to save him. I couldn't hear what they were saying back there but it got awfully quiet.

"CJ. What's going on back there?" I asked my back to him.

No answer.

"Pssst. CJ!"

No answer.

I looked back and he was lying on the floor, blood oozing out of his eyes and nose and ears.

I had to let go of Jace and run to my twin brother.

"CJ. CJ tell me what's going on. What happened?" This time I was full on crying, and my body shaking uncontrollably. His body temperature was high and his face was sweating.

Still no answer.

My entire body froze as one thought flashed in my mind. The chemicals that were missing from the school the day Blake allegedly died. One of them causes the body to self combust and burn from the inside. What if....

No. No. No. I'm not going to let that thought consume me. I'm not going to let them slip through my hands. But what can I do? What am I even capable of doing? I'm just a helpless girl who brings nothing but danger and death to everyone around her. My parents are at the hospital because of me. My brother and his best friend are dying right in front of me and there's nothing I can do to stop this.

Or is there?

What if I give myself up. I don't care if Blake ends up killing me. Or if he ends up giving me up for adoption. All I know is that this entire thing wouldn't be happening if I didn't put up a fight to begin with. If I just give myself up, I can use that as leverage to make him save CJ and Jace. Gunfire started around me and I was too afraid and too stunned to move. My entire body was shaking - maybe from fear maybe from adrenaline but I've made up my mind. I have to save my brother who literally sacrificed himself to save me. The brother who I love so much yet haven't spent enough time with.

I took the gun from his hand and tucked it under my hoodie and took the other gun and put it in my pocket. I dragged Jace's cold body down to the floor next to CJ so he wouldn't be spotted. As I made my way to the crowd - still crouched - I could almost swear I saw something move in the trees to my left but I was too focused to lose focus now.