Chapter 34

"Oh. My. God! It's YOU." I said in complete astonishment.

My heart started beating erratically I almost felt it break through my rib cage. This level of astonishment left my brain dizzy and my eyesight blurry.

"But.....But... But I attended your damn funeral!! I saw your kids and wife cry over you as they buried your body! All the while you were alive?!" I said as I stared into the only person I never expected to see for the rest of my life.

He's breathing in front of me.

He's standing right in front of me.

How?

I saw him die. Get murdered.

Wait no. Actually what I saw was his watch only. He wanted everyone to think he died. Why though?

"I needed to live some sort of life and exit it as such so I could go on with my masterplan without having any baggage. I needed to leave some sort of legacy so that my wife and kids won't have to bury their heads every time they walked down the street." He said as he placed a chair in front of my bed.

"You were my favourite teacher Mr. Blake. You taught-"

"My name is not Blake princess, it's Jordan! Always has been, always will be! As for whatever trash I taught you, well, it's up to you what you do with it. I got half of them from Monster's Inc. anyways. It never meant anything to me either way." He said with a smirk, as he tipped his chair backwards; crossing his hands.

I was too confused to speak. Too astonished to think. Too surprised to breath. But did that stop me? Like hell it did.

"Why would you put your family through something like that? How can you live a lie and make them live through something like that?! They're your family for crying out loud. And why me?! What have I done to you that would make you want to end me?"

He laughed a humourless laugh, and stood up. Slowly, he made his way over to my bed, and sat at the foot of it.

"Family?! Don't you dare speak to me about family little girl. You don't know the first thing about me Alexis Pierce but I don't blame you. I really don't." He said as he crossed his legs on the bed.

"Then why would you bring me here if you don't blame me Blake." I spat out, using his old name just to piss him off.

"That is a story for another time princess." He said with no expression what so ever. He just sat there looking at me.

Well isn't this awkward.

"Are you going to hurt me? Because if you are just get it over with please. You've done enough to terrorize me." I said, not giving a single flying damn anymore.

"Hurt you? Oh why in the world would I hurt you princess?" He said, sarcasm dripping from every single letter.

"You planned to kill me, TWICE, and now you kidnapped me. Why else would you even bring me here? To play dress up?"

"Oohh sassy! Its so adorable that you think so highly of me princess but who said it was me who did all that to you?" He said, smirking like the demon from The Conjuring.

"What?! You mean there's two of you? And seriously stop calling me princess because I could literally tear your face with my bare hands." I said, seeing nothing but red. I even tried to charge at him but the stupid cuffs kept me in place.

He laughed, apparently amused by my threats. Let's just hope that he isn't seeing through my façade, because although I act all tough and "Indiana Jones-y", I'm a shaking mess from the inside.