Chapter 59

"Well Alexis..." he started.

"Listen Jay. If you say you don't want anything to do with me again, I'll understand. If you say you hate me for what I did, I'll understand as well. But if everything were to happen the way it did, I wouldn't change a single thing about it. I had a choice to make, to either keep you guys safe or drag you in the middle of this family war and put you all in grave danger. You know that I would rather die than have any of you dragged into this. So, yes. I did what I had to do to protect you guys, and guess what? I'd do it again and again and again. So if you're here to tell me that you don't want me in your life again, go ahead. I would understand." I said gently, but firmly.

I'm not crying, I'm not shaking, I'm not stuttering. I'm understanding. If this is what he wants to do, then the choice is his. I've already told him this a million times and I'll keep telling him this; I'm not worthy of his love. There are far more prettier girls out there who would be right for him. I'm just too much of a nobody. Too much of a broken piece that'll do nothing but cut him every time he's near.

So if leaving me is what he wants; I'll understand.

I love him. I'll always love him; but I'll understand.

"I found myself without you, Alexis; and I don't like it. I hate who I am without you in my life. Not talking to you, not being able to hold you, or hear your voice... it was worse than I ever thought possible. You bring light to my day, and peace to my nights. Just talking to you takes all my burdens and worries away. Just a simple glance from you has the magical ability to make me smile uncontrollably. I love you Alexis. I know I keep saying this, but I mean it more every time I repeat it. I love you so much and I can't wait to make you mine forever." He said, smiling from ear to ear.

I would like to say that I expected him to say that, but I really didn't. After all the downs we've been through, I thought that he'd at least leave my side by now. I thought that he'd never want to see me again, but he just promised me forever. A forever I knew he wanted to seal when he bought me that diamond ring. He doesn't know that I know because I didn't want him to. Once, he slept during class and before it ended, the teacher woke him up and started reprimanding him for such reckless acts; especially for a senior and stuff. Anyways, I told him I'd put his books back in his bag, and as soon as I opened it; there it was. A pink, velvet box with a golden strip around it. When I opened it, there was the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. Of course I knew that it wouldn't be for anyone else because I know my guy.

"I love you more than I can ever express Jay. I'm sorry..." my apology got cut short when Jace came dashing through to us.

"We need to leave like right now! Like right now, right now!" He said pushing both of us towards the exit.

"Ok ok! Slow down Ross jeez! Leave it to you to ruin every single good moment I have." Sulked Jaycee.

"Ok Royce you can sulk later, but I promised my..... I mean I promised Brenda I'd bring this chick back home in one piece."

"What's the intel?" Said Jaycee, pulling me from under Jace's pushy hands.

"We saw a few of Giovanni's puppies stand guard around the place with handguns and stuff." He replied, completely out of breath.

"You're doing a good job Jay Jay." I smiled, patting Jace's heaving back.

"Why thank you bestie!" He smiled, his face glowing in return.

"She's joking. You suck." Said Jaycee.

This dude seriously needs to chill the hell out.

"I'm not! He's just jealous cuz you're awesome!" I said, sticking my tongue out at Jaycee.